WAG What is this move called?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It is a Kochetkova, which is supposed to be a full twist before the hand support phase of a back handspring. Some may refer to it as a full twisting back handspring.

Well, I'm sure it's named after the first person to have competed it (who I don't know), but it's just a full twisting backhandspring. Guess you could call it an Onodi half. :)
Edit: Sorry Pineapple, guess we hit reply at the same time. :)

Ah, I was wondering why on earth she was doing this element based on my knowledge of last years code. I guess we will be seeing these again, now that the technical standard to get this element credited has been lowered with the new code.

Ah, I was wondering why on earth she was doing this element based on my knowledge of last years code. I guess we will be seeing these again, now that the technical standard to get this element credited has been lowered with the new code.

Huh?

:confused:

And by "huh" I mean what the heck did all those words you just wrote mean?

I think this is it - 5.405 in the CoP from 2009-12. If so it is/was a D skill.

I think this is it - 5.405 in the CoP from 2009-12. If so it is/was a D skill.

Brenna did a "3/4 backhandspring." The hands land 75% around the beam. In the past, the hands needed to be 1/1, but now 3/4 is sufficient which is what I think the posters meant by it being more "user friendly" now. It is an E in the JO COP and was upgraded to an E temporarily in the FIG COP. I believe it's now back to D in the revisions.

The value of the twisting bhs is that it can be connected in the same direction with a triple series in elite. There aren't many skills anymore that can do that for full connection value.

Brenna did a "3/4 backhandspring." The hands land 75% around the beam. In the past, the hands needed to be 1/1, but now 3/4 is sufficient which is what I think the posters meant by it being more "user friendly" now. It is an E in the JO COP and was upgraded to an E temporarily in the FIG COP. I believe it's now back to D in the revisions.

The value of the twisting bhs is that it can be connected in the same direction with a triple series in elite. There aren't many skills anymore that can do that for full connection value.

See this wording I understand! Thank you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back