What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Gold Membership
Former Gymnast
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
I don't know what it is called but it looks pretty darn cool!!!
OMG, do you think you could do that for the challenge next year, you have like 10 whole months to get it down.:D:eek:

F

FlipTwistFly28

I have a friend who's trying to get a skill similar to that right now. Instead of doing the kip and putting your toes on the bar, she does a straddle kip and goes all the way through... its almost like a straddle penny drop, I've seen it done and it looks pretty cool! Sorry if I didn't explain that really well...:rolleyes::D

Chalky

Coach
Coach
Proud Relative
Gymnast
Judge
Aug 14, 2008
USA
Country
USA
The first one looks to be some kind of straddle sole-circle catch. The second description sounds like a "drop catch" to me.

E

emacmommy

Wow... I feel so old. Way back when that was a popular bar change... like when beating the bar was still the norm, early 80's. That's when I started gymnastics. The skill to get was a brause, going from low bar to high bar, straddle cast and push away, reach between your legs as you are salto-ing forward to catch the high bar. If you couldn't get your brause, you did a straddle roll drop to kip on low bar for your release. I had my brause. :)

I guess what's old is new again.

B

BlairBob

I'd love to know it's name or any as I've been seeing L7's do these occasionally from low to high bar. A bit freaky to watch sometimes.

gymkat

Former Gymnast
Judge
Jun 24, 2008
This may be a stupid question, but if it's from the low bar to the high bar, wouldn't it just be a sole circle?

D

Deleted member 1703

This may be a stupid question, but if it's from the low bar to the high bar, wouldn't it just be a sole circle?
Yeah, that is what we would call it from low to high.

gymkat

Former Gymnast
Judge
Jun 24, 2008
Yes, I know what a sole circle is. I was confused as to how it looks "freaky" because it's a pretty standard skill and was wondering if I had misinterpreted something in BlairBob's description.

B

BlairBob

I think what I was thinking of was a straddled backward sole circle to jump catch to high bar. With some 7's they don't finish the sole circle enough and it almost looks like a cut before the crowd is waiting for them to pancake.

It's a bit hard to think of since I wasn't on the floor when I saw it and it isn't so fresh in memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!