what is your fave event?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Leah: beam :beam:
Alexis: Bars :bars:
Hannah: floor :floor:

My favorite has always been the beam. It is so pretty to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well before level 7, I would have said bars in a heartbeat. I still really enjoy it, but I've noticed how much I love working on beam. I've gone to a 2-hour open gym and spent an hour and a half on beam. Competing, though, I love floor. I love my routine, and so does the crowd. It's not by any means my best event, but I'm a performer and love the energy I get during a floor routine. I've had parents from other Y's tell me they hope our team will be at the same meets as theirs because each time they love seeing my floor routine. I'm actually one of only a handful of people at my gym keeping their routine this year!

It's Tainted Love...and you can bet there's clapping! It's actually really funny, because my choreorapher had decided it was tacky for the gymnast to clap, so we did this one pose on the floor that looks like I'm slapping someone in front of me. My teammates worked meticulously deciding when to clap and when to not, so it wasn't overloaded. They clap then and when I do my switchleap and the tuck full. That part is the end of the middle of my routine, but the audience usually ends up clap-clapping whenver it's that beat by the end of the routine. I absolutely love it!

i would have to say bars. it was never my best but certainly my favorite!! beam is a close second although i don't neccesarily like competing, but love the feeling of having a stick!

I love bars but I am by far better on floor. I am not a dancer or showy person though so I love floor tumbling but hate the dance part. I like practicing beam but I hate competing it and vault just stinks. I find it boring because I am level 7 so I have been doing the same vault since level 5

It varies, but right now my favorite event is bars. (then floor, vault, beam)
I like to compete floor best. (then bars, vault, beam)

wow no one's favorite event is vault

well mine is i loove the feeling of flying through the air after hitting the horse
it makes me love vault even more when i get 9.55's too:):vault:

wow no one's favorite event is vault

well mine is i loove the feeling of flying through the air after hitting the horse
it makes me love vault even more when i get 9.55's too:):vault:

I love vault.

Between floor, vault, and rings, I really can't decide. Floor's the most fun, but it also hurts the most (my knees and ankles don't take short landings as well as they once did). Rings is nice just because I can do all my skills after about ten seconds of warm-up, and I can keep doing it when I have sore knees and ankles. As for vault, it's definitely fun, but it's just so short.

I love the FLOOR! And then beams, bars, and then bars. What is my favirote event men's included. The pommel horse. Yes, I can do the pommel horse! :D But I love the floor. I love going to music and the moves...love it! :D

Vault may have just become my favorite event, primarily because I just stuck four tsuk double backs this morning.

:vault:normally, i hate vault, but i love doing half on full off. bout the only thing though, as of right now:D

Congrats, thats awesome good work :)

My favoruite event to watch is mens highbar without a doubt...it blows me away. Love love love it!

I dont have a favoruite apparatus at the moment, maybe when I can actually do something I will, hehe :)

Vault may have just become my favorite event, primarily because I just stuck four tsuk double backs this morning.

Thats so great!!!! I hope you felt awesome afterwards. I love watching the guys at my gym do tsuks--i jumped up and down with excitement when I saw my first one face to face and not on a you tube lol :p

For me I guess it really depends on how I'm feeling, like if I have an injury or not. (but most of the time I have an injury...:() This summer it was vault and beam because I got two new skills. Right now I'm coming back from an injury so I'd have to say beam is my fav. That's funny because I've always hated beam, but once I got to optionals I loved it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back