What is your favorite skill?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Fav Skill

:beam: :bars: I like a lot of skills but I do agree with Audra, I LOVE side ariels on beam. they are so cool looking. I love releases on bars and watching the really hardcore tumbling passes on floor. I really like the mount on beam where the gymnast goes into the middle splits and sticks their arm out in front. I am very jealous of them for that. i also love illusions and when the gymnasts put their chin on the beam and puts both legs over their head and touches the beam with one toes...kinda hard 2 explain hope i did a good job!

I love any skill dealing with bars!! fly aways are awesome! I still say back giants have to be my all time favorite though...I guess that's why I set my gym record at 57 consecutive giants on a single rail...would have kept going to 60 but my hand slipped.

haha that is awesome hammy. next time im at open gym on the single rail im gonna try!

I love any skill dealing with bars!! fly aways are awesome! I still say back giants have to be my all time favorite though...I guess that's why I set my gym record at 57 consecutive giants on a single rail...would have kept going to 60 but my hand slipped.

Wow that's incredible!!!! How long did it take you?

I love double pikes, jaegers, tkatchevs, double layout flyaway bars, split leap series and ring leaps. And I've been trying to fit a dive forward roll in my floor for ages but it doesn't fit with my music :(.

Elite gymnasts.... Elise Ray and Yang Bo's beam mounts, Li Shanshan on beam in general, Yang Yillin's bars, Nastia Liukin's bars, Shawn Johnson's tumbling and Bridget Sloan's triple twist- its just so clean!!!

for some reason i really love Nastia's pak... and, come to think of it, her entire bar routine.

My favourite skill to do is the simple front-tuck. I also love doing front-layouts, but I'm not quite as good at those. As for the person to perform it: anyone really. My favourite skill to watch is front arial (sp?) on the beam especially Nastia's.

I really like Dominique Moceanu's beam mount at the 1996 Olympics. Its just so different! My favorite skill would have to be a double back or pike and i like when Shawn Johnson does it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nakgdDtCBIA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nakgdDtCBIA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I personally love the kovacs or the full twisting kovacs. aka double back over the high bar and catching the bar again. Not only is it a huge skill but people that do have to have a screw loose. =p

When Shawn Johnson begins with three backhands on her beam routine. I'm actually learning how to do that. I also like watching her double backhand twist. (did I ever tell you it is my FAVIROTE move?!lol)

Ok, I have a new favorite to do: a full in full out. (Can't do it on floor yet, but I can stick it every time on a rod floor).

It's just so much fun because you can see the floor the entire time, so it feels like two ubermegafast front halves; you just watch the floor spin around until you land.

:beam: :bars: I like a lot of skills but I do agree with Audra, I LOVE side ariels on beam. they are so cool looking. I love releases on bars and watching the really hardcore tumbling passes on floor. I really like the mount on beam where the gymnast goes into the middle splits and sticks their arm out in front. I am very jealous of them for that. i also love illusions and when the gymnasts put their chin on the beam and puts both legs over their head and touches the beam with one toes...kinda hard 2 explain hope i did a good job!

from your description it kinda sounds like you're refering to hollie's beam mount?

Once upon a time, I did a few double side summis into pit off a tramp. Pretty fun. Actually side summi period are my favorite skills to do besides barani in back out off a mini tramp.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back