DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
What is your favorite gymnastics skill and who is your favorite gymnast to watch perform it?

Last edited:
Side aerials on beam- when I was younger Kelly Garrison-Steves had a beautiful one.:beam:

[YOUTUBE]qWTo6v5j3yw[/YOUTUBE]​

Last edited:
My favorite skills are plain old back giants and double layout dismounts off bars. As to my favorite gymnast to watch performing those skills..umm--i don't know, but I looooove doing them!

I like to see illusions on beam, but not that many people do them. I love watching Nastia Liukin do every move in her bar routine!

I can do and illusion on beam. My coach says that if I do it when I am an optional, I'll get a D rating.

Well, from what I understand it's called a "Kivisto" in the JO level. I really like the way that looks. I love watching Kupets Tkatchev. And I love Hollie Vise's beam mount.

Ooh, that's a toughie. I guess my favorites to watch are a side one-and-three on floor and a full-twisting reverse hecht on high bar. Chris Young is my favorite to watch doing either one. I also really love double-layouts, but I don't really know who my favorite gymnast is to watch doing them.

My favorites to do myself are double backs on floor, as well as just about anything landing in a rollout.

I know i've already posted a reply but here's a simple trick that i love doing---Dive Forward Roll.

I like press handstands on any event...men or women.

Press handstands are def. great. They take a lot of strength and control to master. I've started working some level seven skills on beam- front walkover-fronthandspring, and a switch leap. they're really fun to do. The blind landings on the front w/o FHS make the combination exhilerating. I also love cast handstand-clearhip handstand on bars. It's a natural high!

Bar in general is a blast, and I imagine it must be the same on unevens once you reach the higher levels.

Great thing about bar/bars is that you never stop moving.

hi

My favorite skill is the plain and simple flyaway... and back walk over on the beam.:cool::rolleyes:

I hate bar flyaways with passion. I had a really bad crash a few years ago on a double-back, and haven't done a flyaway except into a pit since.

Rings or p-bar flyaways, though, are another story.

My favorite skill is the plain and simple flyaway... and back walk over on the beam.:cool::rolleyes:
Flyaways are so much fun! Do you do tuck, layout? I can do either, and might be able to start doing double backs this summer.

I don't know proper words for my favorite but I like when they "double flip and dismount from the beam.

I love any skill dealing with bars!! fly aways are awesome! I still say back giants have to be my all time favorite though...I guess that's why I set my gym record at 57 consecutive giants on a single rail...would have kept going to 60 but my hand slipped.

I love any skill dealing with bars!! fly aways are awesome! I still say back giants have to be my all time favorite though...I guess that's why I set my gym record at 57 consecutive giants on a single rail...would have kept going to 60 but my hand slipped.

That's awesome. I might get to start working giants after nationals at the end of June.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back