What kind of gymnast are you???!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey I thought I would make a new thread so gymnasts what kind of gymnast are you?
How old are you, what level, private or YMCA or other, favorite skills, fears, whatever!

SO I'm 14 years old a level 8 I go to a YMCA I love doing giants I'm not really afraid of a lot but I don't do backwards dismounts on beam because I think i'll hit my head or something but I guess by level 8 I shouldn't so I should just do them but i'm ok with forwards dismounts for right now! LOL!

Oh and and skills that you want to get.........

I want to eventually learn a straddle back but for right now I wanna get a standing back tuck. I'm not sure why I can't do one. Just never worked on it or really tried it.

I'm 16 and a level seven at the local YMCA. I love almost all things handstand.I love back extension rolls and dance. I love thinking of new combinations for jumps, leaps, and turns and I've become the go-to girl to help with choreography on beam and floor. Oh yeah, and flyaways (tuck, layout, 1/2 twist, doesn't matter!) I'm a little afraid of my front walkovers on beam, but only the first one(or two) of the day.

Skills I want to get- a nice switch leap on beam. Maybe giants, and I'll probably start working half-ons and half on/half-offs this summer.

I'm 16 also, im a level 10/pre-elite at a private club in VA. I love toe on toe offs to high bar, double backs on floor, and yurchenco halves on vault. I love doing new skills ANYWHERE because i hate doing routine after routine. I'm afraid of every single series that comes out of a bhs on beam (bhs bhs, bhs layout step out, bhs, layout). i'm afraid of swing half turns, blind changes, hindorffs and jaegers on bars. ummm im always a little nervous of vault (like at practice) and i HATE vault, and i HATE competing vault.
i want to learn clearhip to blind full on bars and half in half outs on fx!!

gracefulone: im the go to girl for choreography on beam too!! i love it, so i agree i love thinking of new dance things for my beam routine (mine isnt good, but i love making others good lol)

haha you make other ppls routines good if urs isnt? im sure they wouldnt let u make them if urs wasnt good so urs must be good lol.
did u have a bad expierence with bhs or ur just scared of them?

im 15, a level 6/7 but i don't compete and am not on team. I LOVE dance and finding new floor music. Every year i do two exhibition meets and make up a new original floor routine every time. its lots of fun. i love the little things like double turns and tuck fulls on beam. i wish i could choreograph the routines the team girls do, because their choreo is weak.... taught by a mean old ballet teacher named gretchen. theres this one girl who has "Show Me the Money" from step up as floor music and i SOOOO want it! if anyone has it and would like to share let me know:]

haha you make other ppls routines good if urs isnt? im sure they wouldnt let u make them if urs wasnt good so urs must be good lol.
did u have a bad expierence with bhs or ur just scared of them?

haha idk!! its like everyone i help with their routine is okay, but mine is awful. maybe i just use too many ideas on everyone else.. idk

no i acutally haven't had a really BAD experience on beam (knock on wood) but i've just always been afraid of them!! i hate all series ugh.

I actually tried them during the summer, but my coach doesn't really like "risky" skills so i had to go back to bhs layout step out.. yuck.

I am 8 1/2 yrs old and in level 6. I attend a private gym in MI. My favorite events are bars and beam. I am getting high 8's or low 9's on beam, bars low 8's or high 7's. I do good on floor with high 8's low 9's. I know that I have a lot more work to do but I love it. Vault is my hardest event. Hopefully I can get what I am missing soon. y coaches say that I do great in the gym but when it comes too meets I dont do as well. Im not nervous. I like doing backhandspring stepouts on beam and frount walkover on low beam. I cant wait to start doing giants.

Last edited:
I am 8 1/2 yrs old and in level 6. I attend a private gym in MI. My favorite events are bars and beam. I am getting high 8's or low 9's on beam, bars low 8's or high 7's. I do good on floor with high 8's low 9's. I know that I have a lot more work to do but I love it. Vault is my hardest event. Hopefully I can get what I am missing soon. y coaches say that I do great in the gym but when it comes too meets I dont do as well. Im not nervous. I like doing backhandspring stepouts on beam and frount walkover on low beam. I cant wait to start doing giants.
giants are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun

Hi! I'm 15 and a level 10! I go to Acrotex gymnastics. I love getting new skills! I'm hoping that next year I will get a front aerial back tuck for my flight on beam. right now I just have a front handspring back tuck. on vault I do a front handspring double twist. I'm hoping next year I get a 2 1/2 twist so I can start at a 10.0! hmm lets see... I'm a little behind on bars because I broke my finger on a tkatchev during the summer. so I'm still trying to get on my skills back. on floor I do a front full front, a layout pike, and a front full. I don't tumble backwards as you can see :D It hurts me too bad. If you want to know anything else, feel free to message me

i am 13 yrs old and a level 9. i train at a private gym in CO. my favorite skills are straddle back and also giants (they are easy and soooo fun! :D). vault scares me cuz i broke my knee vaulting my tsuk... so it scares me lol. lets see... i want to learn a double arabian on floor... and also i want 2 learn a yurchenko... (please dont let me vault a tsuk again!!!)

Im 15 years old. I am a level 7. I train at a private club in QC, Canada. I love doing back tucks on high beam. Its the hardest skill I can do. And the funny thing about this skills is that Im really not afraid to do it on beam! lol. But unfurtunatly I am afraid of BHS on beam. Which really sucks because I need to have this skill.

I would really like to get my handstand on bars. Any advice would be very helpful!!

Oh and there is another skill that Im really afraid of but that I really love to do. Double backs on floor (well its not really a normal floor, I think the word in english must be tumbling.) Oh well. I still love to do them!!!

Im 15 years old. I am a level 7. I train at a private club in QC, Canada. I love doing back tucks on high beam. Its the hardest skill I can do. And the funny thing about this skills is that Im really not afraid to do it on beam! lol. But unfurtunatly I am afraid of BHS on beam. Which really sucks because I need to have this skill.

I would really like to get my handstand on bars. Any advice would be very helpful!!

Oh and there is another skill that Im really afraid of but that I really love to do. Double backs on floor (well its not really a normal floor, I think the word in english must be tumbling.) Oh well. I still love to do them!!!

Thats funny that you can do a backtuck but are afraid to do a bhs. hah thats like me though. whats easy for most ppl is like hard for me but then i can do the things that they think r hard easily!!!

i'm 14 and a level 8. favorite skills: tumbling in general... and i really like aerials for some reason. i just think they're really fun. (maybe i'll do them on beam sometime... thatd be kinda cool) ummm other then that i really like bars. i'm working towards pirouettes, blinds, and front giants. but i'm nowhere near any of them lol except my pirouette maybe i'll get that sometime soon.

I am 14 years old. I will be 15 this summer. I am a Centerville High School gymnast. My favorite events are floor and bars. I am not really scared of doing anything and I love it when I inspire my friend to do thigns she has never done before (connecting bhs on beam). I want to learn yurchenkos, giants, double back on floor and bars, and a 1 1/2 twist on floor. I have only done gymnastics for 6 months and I am proud of where I am, but sometimes I get mad because almost everybody on the team is better than me because they have been doing gymnastics for WAY longer than I have. :)

I just turned 14 a few weeks ago and I'm getting ready to move up to level 10. I train at a private gym in Northern Queensland, Australia and I'm working on a pre-elite program and currently train 6:00am-9:00am and 3:00pm-6:00pm Monday to Friday and 5 hours on Saturday. My favorite events are Floor and Beam. Vault is the event I have to work hardest at and I've improved a lot on bars. I broke my wrist on bars a year and a half ago so it's taken a lot of work to get comfortable on bars again. I don't like running a million miles toward things (like vault) lol. I love dance and I have really good balance so nothing phases me on beam. I love aerials on the beam and combinations in general (like one-handed back handspring to wolf full combination) and I just got my BHS to back tuck really stuck well on beam. I'm working on a 2 ½ twist on floor which feels a bit crazy but a lot of fun.

i'm 16 i did gym for 10 years got up to level 10. i love anything to do with frount saults, my fav skill was a double frount on floor. i went to a local club and was in the state team. i was scared of fly aways of all thing :p
i now coach at my old club and a YMCA and i love it. i still take some classes now and then. i coach a tramp class and join in on that and go and visit some old friends and we just muck around with some stuff :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back