WAG What level are you going to be this year and how many hours do you train?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just wondering because i am going to be a Level 9 and train about 20 hours a week, what are you doing? Just curious to see if i am on the low end of training or what, seeing if i should train more! Thanks!:eek:

My DD is L2 and practices 4 hours a week. L3 practices 6, L4 goes 9, L5 goes 12, L6 and up do a minimum of 20.

Level 7 next year and will (most likely be training 14 hours)
In our gym for state stream (the one that i'm in)
Level 1&2: 5hrs
Level 3: 9 hours
Level 4: 10 hours
Level 5&6: 13 hours
Level 7 (don't have any yet as we still have one more comp but will be training 14)

I'll be competing level 5/6 and train 4 hours (with optional open gym (adds 2 mores hours) )
Although I'm on a recreational team.
The USAG team at our gym trains many more hours.

I do T&T level 10 trampoline, level 9/10 double mini and level 6 tumbling I train about 12-15 hours a week depending on what my work schedule allows. I also do Ladies division but train for that when I can. Trust me if I didn't work and the gym was open I'd be there 24/7.

In our gym:
1+2= 4 hours
3= 9 hours
4= 12 hours
5+6= 16 hours
7-9= 20 hours

You should be fine with twenty hours. The level 9s at my gym train 20 hours and they do great!

My DD is level 10 & practices 17.5 hours a week! We go to a small gym, very few 9's & only 2 10's so they get a lot done during 17.5 hours! We also have an abundance of coaches.

Wow, this makes me feel like I train too much!! Haha I would have so much more free time if I only did 20 hours.
I assume you must train on weekends then? DD trains 20 hours and she goes straight from school to gym and from gym to bed. Right now she seems to manage to get all of her homework done at school, but I know that won't always be the case. She does have her weekends free... until we get in to meet season! I just can't imagine her doing more than 20 hours and still doing "traditional" school!

My level 7 dd goes 24 hrs a week, but that includes her TOPs program. My level 5 ds goes 12 hrs, sometimes 14. All my kids are homeschooled and would be even if they weren't in gym. I work at the gym about 30 hrs a week, so I have them both beat. Bwahahaha....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back