WAG What ONE event do you think is the hardest?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hehe, strangely I get that a lot on here. I have no idea why!
For me, it's the name. I just picture Crocodile Dundee. I have known for a while you were female, from some of your posts, but that image still pops in my head when I see the name.

I've always thought you were female. It might be because here in Australia there are not that many male coaches so a lot if female coaches are spotting higher level bars, vault and tumbling. So when you are speaking about coaching those apparatus people from other countries assume you are male because that is the norm there.

Generally speaking, I think bars are the hardest physically and beam is the hardest mentally. For my daughter, bars and beam have been the easiest for her. She has a ton of upper body strength that I think really helps with bars. She is a level 5 so that could change when she hits optionals. I think vault has been the hardest for her because she is tiny for her age and I think sometimes it’s hard for her to generate enough power off the springboard.

Most college coaches have told us, they can get a lot of girls who can do floor well so bars and vault were the most sought after events. Bars because it is generally harder and vault because the yurchenko full was downgraded and coaches wanted a 10 SV. Beam meet performance is the most inconsistent.

Determining the hardest event is a broad question as it depends largely on level. My daughter was able to do all events reasonably well all through Level 9. Things changed in Level 10, perhaps due to skill difficulty or her body being worn out due to repetitive injuries and just the pounding. But personally for my daughter, she was mostly consistent in bars and had good difficulty but she had the highest and difficult skills in beam. But generally speaking I agree with what most have said that across all levels - bars is physically difficult for most, beam mentally. But if I could rate events based on pure difficulty, it would be bars, vault, beam and floor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back