What other sports do you do besides gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I do gym obviously and I also run track. I've heard gymnasts are supposed to be good pole vaulters and divers so I definitely want to try both next year in high school. There is a lot of sports that gymnasts are good at tho

Well I don't do gymnastics (yet!), but I play soccer and run track, and I used to play basketball. I plan on doing gym for real this summer tho, cuz it rocks :). I don't think I'll be competing or anything like that tho, I'm mostly doing it for fun.

My gf, who is a Level 8 gymnast, used to play soccer too. But when she got to the point where she was going to have to start seriously committing to her sports, then she had to pick one or the other.

I think time commitments might be the main thing keeping a lot of gymnasts from getting involved in other sports. But I have a feeling gymnasts would probably be good at just about any sport because they are naturally very athletic. Of course Diving and Pole Vaulting, as well as Cheerleading and Dancing are the obvious ones. The girls on my HS gymnastics team that I can think of do all different ones like Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Track, Cross Country, and Volleyball tho.

I play soccer for recreational and my high school! I also like motocross but of course I just do it for fun on a quad in the desert!
!Randa!

I used to do cheer, but then they dropped me and took me out of gym for two months, so I finished the year, then didn't come back the next year. I do track though-long jump, triple jump, and the gymnast's event of pole vault.

Tennis!!! I'm absolutely rotten but I love it. I like playing football (soccer-that sounds so cool lol) too. Nothing competitive though.

Still hate losing mind.

when i was competing i also did cheerleading (both hs and on a comp team) as well as showing horses...now though since i no longer compete i just coach at a local Elite gym as well as train and show horses which takes up 90% of my time so i dont get a lot of time with my girls during the summer like i do during the winter..but alot of the girls i coach do outside sports usualy high school sports if they arent on the gymnastic team at their high school..alot of them are cheerleaders as well

I do 100 200 400 and long jump.
I do more events then anyone on the track team and im the only one who doesn't practice cuz I have gymnastics. haha

Well since everyone else is posting their track events.....

I'm a distance runner so I run the 800 and 1600.

I joined cheer my freshman year but I base. Flying was scary and I was a little muscular for all the other weaklings to base. And when I cradled I cradled like a log when they said to be tight. They weren't patient enough to have me do some and find a happy medium between tight and jello.

I also work at Old Country Buffet and when I work a walk about 5-7 miles per shift. Carrying stacks of about 20ish plates can feel like a sport sometimes.

I do 100 200 400 and long jump.
I do more events then anyone on the track team and im the only one who doesn't practice cuz I have gymnastics. haha

My dd is the same way. She doesn't go to the practices. She just has to show up at the meets. She undefeated so far. People can't believe that she can run that well without practice. What they don't realize is that she works out far harder at gymnastics than she does at track practice!

Although gymnasts typically don't run that much in practice....at least my gf doesn't on her team. That might be why some people are surprised. But when it comes to strength...I've seen gymnasts beat football players and wrestlers....guess their sports aren't so "hard" afterall ;).

But we are! Today at vault practice, one of the top guy vaulters hit ,me in the stomach(not hard, just playfully) and he was like, "Dang girl, your abs are better than mine" Then everyone else told him I was a gymnast, and he was like, "Well, still" Then his head coach joined the conversation and he definitely challenged his athlete to do a v-up contest against me: whoever did the most in 1 minute won. I won easily. He was told to stop slacking. It was fun but definitely a biased competition. V-ups are my favorite and a lot of guys have some problems with them... Anyway great day!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back