What to buy...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay so, now that my seasons over, i am working harder skills for higher levels. [ hoping to go perp-op advanced] And i know that the NEW code of points book is coming out later this summer. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy it for myself, even though my gym is getting a copy?

Also, are the spandex type shorts easier to work out in than the soffee shorts?

thanks for the help chicas/chicos!

There's no reason to buy your own copy of the Code, assuming that your coaches have some say over what skills you'll work on. Prep-opt rules aren't in the Code; they're not regulated by USAG.

I prefer the velvet shorts to spandex, and the only reason I prefer velvet to Soffe is because of bars.

Don't buy COP, you can download it from the FIG website and either save it or just find what you're looking for.

What are soffes?

Soffes are just a type of shorts that you can find anywhere, sports stores, target, kohls. they are shorts that don't hug your thighs when your work out and stuff.

Well, the only reason not to look at the FIG Code is that USAG uses a slightly modified Code (no Fs or Gs, some skills have a higher value than in elite, etc.). Having a copy of the USAG Code at the gym is fine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back