What to wear under leo ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What do most gymnasts wear underneath the leotard? Do they wear underwear and sports bras? I know there are some deductions ...are the deductions only if they are sticking out or even if they are seen through the leo? Thanks!

During competition--they wear a sports bra (color matching) and trunks--this past year they had red sports bras and trunks to match their leos. Beth didn't wear a sports bra as she has nothing on top ;-).

My dd wears a nude (flesh colored) leo under her team leos. You can get these at any dance or gymnastics place or website.

I have a tan bra from GK that I wear under my competition leos. If it's just practice, I wear a sports bra. A nude bra is probably the best bet for competitions - even if you can see through, it doesn't particularly stand out.

As for undies, I have a pair that matches my leotard for competitions. Again, tan would probably be your best bet. I actually need to find a pair for next season - new leos this year! :)

This year my team suit was very light pink so it was see through so I bought a tan sports bra from GK and tan underwear to wear under it but then you can still see your belly button through it so I got a tan dance leotard and I usually just wore that and the tan sports bra.

Our girls wear tan tank leos, some with clear straps so in case there is a slip you don't see it. You can get them from any dance or gym store, and they don't make any noticeable lines. I prefer the ones that are 90% or more spandex, because they feel more secure.

My dd didn't wear anything under hers (like a swimsuit) until this year when she developed a bit. Now she just wears the sports bra. I did get her the high cut trunks just in case she starts her period.

i only wear a bra under my leo's, and no underwear. i think it is uncomfortable to have it under tight leotards we wear, however some people are more comfortable wearing underwear.

It seems that as girls get older, they are more comfortable wearing a sports bra and/or underwear. For competition, we tell our girls to get undergarments that are skin colored or match their leo.

My dd is 10 and doesn't wear anything under her leo for practices or competitions either. She is still very small and hasn't started developing yet. She says that the underwear is uncomfortable and gives her a "wedgy" :rolleyes:

For practice, i wear any color underwear and just a regular bra, random colors, haha. For competitions, i wear a tan bra and so far i haven't ever worn any underwear to a competition. But these season i will probably have to wear tan GK underwear, i haven't decided yet. Are sports bra's better for practice?

I usually wear a sports bra under my leo for practice because some of my practice leos are thinner than others, you know what i mean? For competition I don't wear anything under my leo just in case I get a deduction or something. Although I see other teams wear bras and underwear all the time.

To practice, I wear a sports bra and underwear. If I forget to pack a sports bra in my bag, I wear the bra I wore to school.

For competitions, I don't wear anything under my leo.

I usually wear a sports bra under my leo for practice because some of my practice leos are thinner than others, you know what i mean? For competition I don't wear anything under my leo just in case I get a deduction or something. Although I see other teams wear bras and underwear all the time.

Please stop bringing up old threads. This one is AT LEAST 3 years old!!! They don't need their question answered anymore. If you do it another time we'll have to warn you, you've been told multiple times and are ignoring the rule posted on all old threads.

I just wear a normal bra and no underwear. Usually a white or tan bra if the leo is a light color..I used to wear underwear but it just go too uncomfortable with my leo so I stopped :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back