WAG What USAG should be doing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tried to add to my post but ...past that pesky 5 min rule...

ETA - also, by not closing their doors, the gyms do not have to worry about refunding tuitions and therefore place the responsibility on the families as to whether to attend. This allows them to stay in business in the long run. This is essential for small gym, where having 20-50 gymnasts working out together at the same time is a much smaller risk than, say, a school or large work environment.

As a gym owner myself, I think you hit the nail on the head. Gyms are staying open to avoid having to credit fees, refund fees etc. Most gyms require people to pay if they are open, whether or not you are present in class. I think this is a short term solution and it’s going to cause them major problems in the long term.

Gyms are rarely rich, and most as a business live from pay check to pay check. They don’t have money aside to pay coaches if there is no tuition coming in, or pay the rent. They fear loss of their business. Of course loss of life is a more poignant issue, but it’s not easy to say that to someone whose livelihood feels Lin jeapoardy.

Of course at the end of the day, staying open may not be sending the best message to their clients, they may be sending the message, that health and safety is not their top priority. So while they may not have to refund fees now, they may find their enrolment significantly diminishes anyway.

Here in Australia, we are still gyms are still open, schools are still open. So far events where 500 or more people gather have been cancelled, but people have been told to continue to go about their daily lives as normal for the time being. We are not where you guys are yet, but we are bracing for it.

I think it is coming to that. quickly. It is sad :(

It almost has to be a forced issue because this partial shutdown just has people confused and many people seem to be functioning business as usual. If your child's school is closed but their gym is open, then people just wonder why they can't do play dates and go out whenever they want. This is especially true if you live in an area that is not yet labeled a "hot spot." How do you say no to play dates when your child just spent 3 hours in a gym with multiple children? How do you say we can't go anywhere when you just spent all day at work?

Even though we're isolating, it's hard to see how this will work when so many aren't.

This is about dollars and pulling the plug. It is all done. I have already told my daughter, further comps this year.... states, regionals, nationals...over...........

That colleges have had to tell their players, seniors especially, you already played your last game, meet.....

It is done. All of it................. done and it s&cks...... is what it is.

NYS is still allegedly trying to find another venue for L7/8 ummm yeah OK............... its done.

This is about dollars and pulling the plug. It is all done. I have already told my daughter, further comps this year.... states, regionals, nationals...over...........

That colleges have had to tell their players, seniors especially, you already played your last game, meet.....

It is done. All of it................. done and it s&cks...... is what it is.

NYS is still allegedly trying to find another venue for L7/8 ummm yeah OK............... its done.

The season is over for sure. It is unfortunate but hopefully just a disappointment and not a more significant event in life's journey.

Universities needed to get everyone home before students were sick on campus and the responsibility of the university health system. It was really preemptive risk management because they are not equipped to deal with anything like this.

Stay safe everyone!!!

What USAG shouldn't be doing is allowing regions to post things like this.

3/15/20
The Regional Administrative Committee held a conference call to discuss the qualification process for the L 9/10 Regional Championships. We are tackling this event first because of the National qualifying structure.
What we know right now –
The JO National Championships and East / West Championships will be held as scheduled.
The Regional Championships will be held as scheduled.

What USAG shouldn't be doing is allowing regions to post things like this.

3/15/20
The Regional Administrative Committee held a conference call to discuss the qualification process for the L 9/10 Regional Championships. We are tackling this event first because of the National qualifying structure.
What we know right now –
The JO National Championships and East / West Championships will be held as scheduled.
The Regional Championships will be held as scheduled.
Yep it’s BS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back