Parents What's new?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

msl529

Hi Y'all! Haven't been on CB or posted in a while. Just not getting to my computer as much lately. I hope you & your gymmies are all doing well!

Dd has had 3 T&T meets thus far. They have all gone well, she has gotten one 2nd place & 1st on everything else out of all her meets.

She has been competing at L5 on all 3 of her T&T events. If you haven't read my posts before or don't know, it is more common in T&T for the athletes to compete different levels on the 3 different events.

Well, once my dd heard there was a thing called the All-Around award for the ONE, top athlete who got the highest score (out of all the kids who compete all three events at the same level), that became her carrot. She achieved that carrot at her second meet! 25 kids competed all three events at L5 at that meet (boys, girls, all ages), and she got the highest score & got the award! Proud kid, I must say.

At which point her coach rolls his eyes & smiles at me & says, "Now that she's got that All-Around out of the way, maybe we can finally move on to Level 6". And I always tell him it's up to him as the coach, and her as the coach-ee, what levels she competes.

Well, the third meet was this past weekend. Somehow there was a mix-up, so she had to compete L5 all three events again. SIGH! Whatev'! But she had a great meet & got 1st on everything again. This meet did not give out an AA award though.

Next meet is States, and she is supposedly going to do L6 on 2 of her 3 events, so we will see how that goes. Qualifying for a certain level at the State meet is apparently not an issue for T&T, the end-goal being Nationals.

I feel kind of badly, b/c she really should be competing at a higher level, at LEAST on her tumbling. For gosh sakes, all she has to do are BHS's & she can do so much more than that. I think she's been a bit greedy staying at a level that's so easy for her (it would be kind of like going from training artistic L7 back to competing as an artistic L5, not fair to the other competitors), but I also am kind of glad she's had the confidence boost to start off with in her new sport.

To be fair, two of the events are new to her and even tho she has 4 years artistic experience, there are new skills to learn on the Tramp & Double Mini. I think they just come easier & quicker to someone w/ her background & she has not pushed herself much. But that is up to her. Plus she looks so much older than 90% of the kids competing L5, you'd think she was embarrassed. But she is perfectly content, so really, what more could we ask for?

States are in April, Regionals in May, then Nationals in June. Her coach fully expects to take her to Nat'ls but we'll see...never count those chickens ahead of time!

Plus, after going back & forth w/ her decision for a few months, she has definitely decided to try out for the High School Drill Team (like a competitive dance team). Tryouts are in 3 weeks, so I will keep you posted on that. If she makes it, we will have to see how she can juggle both T&T and DT next year (she wants to do both). This Drill Team is very good and quite competive, so she will be working VERY hard next year if she makes it.

Just wanted to say hi to my pals. I know T&T is not discussed much here so sorry to bore you!:cool:

Sounds like she is doing great! I love hearing about T&T! I hope you don't think you're boring me anyway :)

So glad that she is happy with her new gym career. The fact that she is happy to go to the gym and have fun is all that matters. I am sure that she will move up soon!

Keep posting it is so great to hear about all aspects of gym. Cant wait to hear how she does in level 6!

So happy to see a post from you msl:D! I've been missing some of my old buddies. How exciting that T&T is going so well for your DD!!! That's is awesome! Sounds like she wanted to have some success at L5 without having to stress herself too much. Who can blame her? She'd been through alot of changes. Maybe she just needed to feel that confidence for a while, to build her up. I'm glad she's feeling confident & ready to do some L6 at states. Good luck! Be sure to let us know how it goes. Also Good Luck with the drill team try outs! So happy to hear she's happy & thriving in her new activities:D! Always happy to see you posting!

Hey msl!!!! Great to hear from you! Sounds like dd is doing awesome and the transition to T&T is no sweat for her! Drill team sounds so much fun! Once you get to high school I can imagine that the school activities seem so enticing and are such a great way to bond with your school and classmates! Definitely keep us posted on that! I am so glad that you guys are doing well and that she is happy and having a blast with her new sport!!!

Hi MSL! I think I joined after you posted less frequently but wanted to say Hello! And you are not boring me :)

J is also competing TnT and will compete L5 tramp and L6 tumbling. She just mobilized to L6 for tumbling this past meet. One more meet before states and then, scores staying where they are, nationals. We will be on the same days (Level 5-7) so I will be sure to say Hello!

Great update! As a T&T mom I love hearing progress and meet results. DD hasn't had many meets this season, but has three between now and States in April. I'm hoping she will qualify elite on floor before States. She is also going to try out for high school drill team later this month. The competition at our high school is fierce, but it would be awesome if she could make varsity.

J is also competing TnT and will compete L5 tramp and L6 tumbling. She just mobilized to L6 for tumbling this past meet. One more meet before states and then, scores staying where they are, nationals. We will be on the same days (Level 5-7) so I will be sure to say Hello!

Congrats to your dd! Sounds like she is doing well. Yes, maybe we will see you at Nat'ls! Lets keep each other posted.

Great update! As a T&T mom I love hearing progress and meet results. DD hasn't had many meets this season, but has three between now and States in April. I'm hoping she will qualify elite on floor before States. She is also going to try out for high school drill team later this month. The competition at our high school is fierce, but it would be awesome if she could make varsity.

Thanks, Jamarie! Soounds like your dd is doing great, hope she qualifies for elite! Good luck to her.

Our H.S. DT is also very tough to get on to. K will be lucky to make Varsity, most of the girls who are on it have been dancing for many years. We shall see. Hope your dd makes it, keep us posted!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back