What's the format for the trials?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

beachgirl

Proud Parent
Judge
Will 4 events be going at once or will each event be done individually so we can enjoy watching everything? If it starts at 5 on Sunday what time will it be over?

I haven't been able to locate the rotation schedule yet, but with 14 girls I would say they will have only two events going at once. I could be wrong and they could do all 4, but I think 2 groups is more likely. I can't remember back to 2012 but I remember it being easy to follow and watching pretty much everyone. I also remember them holding girls from starting so two main contenders didn't go at once. I remember this happened with Jordan on vault and gabby on floor on the last day. I'll keep looking and see what I can find.

Yeah it looks like in 2012 they had two rotations going at once based on this. This was after rotation one on day one.
3fecf0b527ea9723abb56812c382bbc5.jpg

At P and G's last year with about those numbers they had one at a time for seniors, rotating around the events (i.e. Person 1 vaulted, person 1 did bars, etc then back to person 2 for each thing). I assumed for television purposes, but don't really know.

Last year P and G's there were 16 with a few event scratches. This year there were 24. But I wonder if at Trials they'll do the one at a time thing again.

Thank you. At least they won't all be going at once. I was hoping individually, but two at a time would not be that bad.

I really hope they go one at a time. I really would like to enjoy seeing every routine.

Dunno how I feel about it. Good for watching purposes but I feel it's hard on the girls. There were a lot of u characteristics mistakes on beam. I would rather do what is best or "normal" to the girls, or the format it will be at the Os (I've never been to an international meet, just national so I don't know).

I'm sure the decision is like 98% in NBC's hands anyway though.

Gotta fit those commercial breaks in.

lol. It is not the commercials that bother me. It is when there are girls on the floor doing gymnastics and they show say, simone, walking from her event to her gym bag, talking to her coach, and then sitting down and putting her jacket on. really? can't they just show some gymnastics?

Sigh. It is what it is.

NBC is doing coverage so of course you won't see everything no matter what the format. You will be blessed with 10 minutes watching someone cut off tape while you miss
lol. It is not the commercials that bother me. It is when there are girls on the floor doing gymnastics and they show say, simone, walking from her event to her gym bag, talking to her coach, and then sitting down and putting her jacket on. really? can't they just show some gymnastics?

Sigh. It is what it is.

I personally love when I get to watch a athlete sit on her butt, struggle with tape for 30 seconds then call out in desperation, anyone have scissors? Now that's drama. Who wouldn't prefer such dynamic television to watching actual routines.

Holds up sarcasm sign (for the sarcastically challenged among us) ;)

@beachgirl You read my mind...I actually hadn't thought of this, but 'ol Puma Jr did! I was going to ask, so thank you! I really hope it's one at a time, but even two wouldn't be terrible. Four would make my head spin...I'm so excited! We'll be on a plane this time tomorrow! :)

At the 2012 trials they did one at a time so you really got too see every routine! They had 2 events going so as soon as someone finished on say bars, the next girl was ready to go on vault. I'm assuming it will be done the same way this weekend too! Can't wait!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back