What's yours or DD rec to team story?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD started gym last September at age 12, in girls 10+ beginners rec classes; after being a ballet dancer since she was 7. She went from beginner to advanced 1/2 rec classes in about three months, and was asked to join team in December. We were given the choice between USAIGC copper or xcel bronze, and went with xcel because of financial reasons. She started training team in January, and competed three meets- a qualifier, states, and regionals. She is now completely hooked on gymnastics, and will most likely compete xcel gold next season. She is also open to competing level 4- we are moving and she is trying to be flexible in finding a new gym. She will be 13 next month, and I can absolutely see her sticking with gymnastics through her teen years.

DD did rec at age 3, Stars program at age 4, developmental at age 5/6, old level 4 at age 6/7, new level 4 at age 7/8. She is now working on level 5 skills.

My daughter went to a city rec gym as a toddler/preschooler off and on depending on our schedules (I gave birth to her sister during that time as well). I was new to the gymnastics world and didn't think much past the "this is for her to have fun and burn some energy". It wasn't until she was in the middle of the first grade that I realized that there was a 'better' gym in the area and she started their Level 1 Rec program. She only went once a week. That summer, I increased her time to twice a week and she quickly advanced to Level 2 within a month that summer. By November (second grade), she was placed onto the Pre Team. She tried out for team in May/June and made it and then started the new Level 3. That was a year ago and is now training the new Level 4/5 skills. I am kicking myself for not discovering this gym when she was younger and seeing her true love for the sport when she was at the rec gym. :/ Hindsight is always 20/20.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back