When and what for dinner?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Talilalila

Coach
Gymnast
Last year I had training from 5.30-8.30 but this year it has changed to 5.30-9. I used to have dinner after training around 9 but now it would not be until 9.30. Any suggestions for how I should handle what time I have my dinner and what I could have that can be easily made and portable - I don’t go home between school and training. Thanks!

Do you have a microwave at the gym? Could you bring something and eat before training?

Practiced from 18:30 to 20:30. Had a lot of trouble eating before practice (I always got nauseated by eating before practice). I would eat a snack around 4 though, usually something filling but not heavy.

I would usually bring a small snack (like some fruit) for right after practice (in the dressing room). Then I would shower etc. And eat dinner around 21:15. I would usually have a light dinner, like some soup or salad

Summary:
4pm snack (pretzels for example)
8:30 snack (grapes for example)
9:15 dinner (soup for example)

Do you have a small break during practice where you could eat or drink something other than water? A gatorade will sometimes give you some energy, even if it is not the healthiest.

• Right after school, eat a filling snack and finish homework.
    • I recommend yogurt & berries, yogurt & granola, mixed nuts, trail mix, KIND granola bars, or grapes and cheese sticks.
  • Bring a large water bottle and/or sports drink to practice.
  • Use a break during practice to eat (talk to coaches first to see if it is okay)
    • If your break is short, bring a portable snack in a plastic bag or container
    • If there is a microwave in the gym, bring a dinner you can heat up
    • If you are running low on time, try bringing a protein shake or smoothie
    • If there is no microwave, bring a cold dinner (ie sandwich, chicken skewers, salad, etc.)
    • If your Mom/Dad is available, have them bring a meal for you during your break. This can be a meal cooked from home or fast food.
  • If you opt for the shake, smoothie, or snack during practice, eat a light dinner after you arrive home. If you eat your full meal during that break, there will be more time to shower and finish homework after practice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back