When exactly is competition season?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Busymum

Proud Parent
I'm sorry if that sounds like a dumb question ..... we are brand new to this competitive gym game :) basically we were given a small information pack about team life and it mentioned that no family holidays should be taken in the run up/through the competition times. This includes development girls (which is where my DD is currently ) as they are considered part of the squad. I understand this but am slightly worried as we've already booked a holiday for August next year and paid a huge amount- before she started in development!

So, for future reference, when exactly is competition time? We are in Hampshire on the south coast if that makes any difference :)

Generally you're ok for the school holidays.

Most regions have spring and autumn competitions. Generally March- June, and late September- November.

Generally you're ok for the school holidays.

Most regions have spring and autumn competitions. Generally March- June, and late September- November.

Thank you Faith. So one week at the end of August should be ok? Will be the summer holidays. Either way, it's booked and mostly paid all before we knew. Hopefully coach will understand that. She seems lovely and approachable.

As my daughter is only 6 and in development then I figure competitions won't effect her next year? But probably the following year as that's when she turns 8. I just don't want to break the rules ;):)

I would front up and tell the coach and ask for advice for the year after.

Thanks Jenny. Don't worry - I've got no intention of not telling the coach. I only read this yesterday so will tell her when we are next in gym on Saturday.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back