Parents when is your season?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

here the meets seem to start in November, and for the l4's they end in March, L5 goes through May, and above that they sometimes start earlier and end later. I was just wondering because I saw some posts about being in the off season, and I was wondering. I wish our season wasn't during the winter, since the weather here can really mess up the meet schedule
Val

For the compulsories, we have 2 seasons. Fall starts in September and ends in November with State Meets for L4-6. Spring season runs January through March, with the last meet being the Spring Championship.

Optionals have one season, Spring season starts in January and runs through March I think, then if they qualify to Regionals and Nationals, they go there I guess. Not sure as I have a L4 gymmie.

Here in NJ,
USAG Levels 4, 6, 7 start in Sept, States are in Jan
Levels 5, 8+ start in Jan. Level 5 States are in May. Levels 8-10 States are in March, Regionals in May. Some 5, 8+ start competing as early as Nov/Dec.
There are a handful of meets thru June that gyms will use for mobility.

For USAIGC we compete from March-May, Nationals are end June/beginning July.

In CO, compulsories(L4-6) compete starting right after Labor Day and they have states in late Nov./early Dec. Thats it---no 2nd season.
Optionals start this weekend and states are in March.
We have no AAU, prep-op etc. Do have a rec league that competes April to June, but USAG girls don't compete in that program.

In Texas.... USAG Level 4-6 starts around Sept with states sometime around November. USAG Level 7 and up start in Jan. with level 7 state in March, Level 8 state and regionals in April. Level 9/10 regionals in April and Level 9 Westerns in May. and Jo Nat'ls in May.

TAAF/USAIGC start in Jan and end sometime I think in May.

:)

In Oregon - Levels 4 - 6 have fall season, which starts in September and goes through late November, early December, and spring season, which starts in January and goes through late March, early April. Optionals have spring season, but it tends to last a few weeks longer. Not all compulsories compete both fall and spring, depending on the gym, etc. My dd competed level 4 in fall, and is level 5 now, but probably won't compete spring:).

In MD, our MDL (Mason Dixon League) competition season starts in January and runs through May (States is our last meet in May). I think the USAG schedule is like that as well, although they may start competing as early as late November. It is kind of like the All Star cheer season...sorry--I had to throw that in...dd did cheer for 3 years so that is mostly what I know and what I can relate to!!!

Although there are a few smaller meets starting in Nov. around here (ohio), our first meet is always a big one in Cincinnati the weekend before Christmas and States for are anywhere from mid march (optionals) to 1st or 2nd weekend in April for compulsory (depends how Easter falls). So, we're half way through our season.

Here in New Mexico, they tried something new this year. The state committee wanted to make sure and have 2 judges for every event at every meet and didn't want to have multiple meets on the same weekend. So, we started started in Oct with compulsories (L4-6) only with a total of 15 meets available in the season prior to the State meets in either late Feb (L3-4) or early March (L5-6). The optionals started somewhere in the middle of all of this with their state meet at the end of March feeding Regionals. For our gym, we did 9 of the meets and then the upcoming State meet. The girls have about 3 weeks in between our last meet and State to fine tune.

In Indiana, the meets start around the end of September. Most of the state meets are in March, except for L6/7, which is usually the first weekend of April.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back