When leos distract from the gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I saw some pictures of Leo's from the team finals that were disturbingly narrow in the front. I can deal with pink and even high cut but the front of any Leo should not new narrower than the space between a girls legs.

I think a club near us is getting the bars from Glasgow. I think it's really cool, but sadly not a club that DD goes to.

Back to the leos, I liked the women's team final ones more, but I thought the men's qualifications ones were the best.
I hope they go for something a bit brighter for the girls for the AA and apparatus finals.

And I hope the men stick to red white and blue.

Change of topic: Can someone explain to me if there is a deeper, cultural reason for the US-girls always wearing pink? :confused:

1) Martha likes it. 2) See #1.

Seriously though, I think a lot of the reasoning was just that it makes them stand out. Nearly every flag in the world has red and/or blue and/or white in it. Which means that nearly all competitive leos on the world stage consisted of red and/or blue and/or white. Pink and purple makes them different and it stands out. I also think most of the girls like them, and when you like the way you look, you generally perform better and with more confidence. FWIW, I love the pink and purple, especially in quals and I hope they continue it.

I though all corporate logos were not allowed? Even the the had to be skin colored, socks no logo etc? The Netherlands man has a Lottto logo on his shirt.

I though all corporate logos were not allowed? Even the the had to be skin colored, socks no logo etc? The Netherlands man has a Lottto logo on his shirt.

We wondered this too. We noticed that the logo on Steingruber's leo cut across the line on the design and then there was one of the men's logos that we didn't recognise and spent ages trying to find him in shot standing around to work out what it was.

I promise we were watching the gymnastics, not just critiquing clothing, honest.

Nearly every flag in the world has red and/or blue and/or white in it. Which means that nearly all competitive leos on the world stage consisted of red and/or blue and/or white.

On my telly the US girls were definitely in red for the finals :)
I was interested in our amazing GB men this evening. Completely different clothing so presumably personal choice from the approved selection. Dan Purvis has style :)

While me and my 8 year dd were watching gabbys floor tonight dd pipes up and asks "why is she wearing a leotard that's too small for her?" Think its says it all when 8 year old can tell if they are showing too much lol
My 9yr old had the same reaction watching Simone's floor

Watching Paseka in the vault final, looks like they have velcroed the Russian Badge to her shoulder, not a good look

Alright we're all talking about the ladies and there was a comment that no one notices the men... Well I notice the men and I am wondering why some of them have such large shorts. One of the British guy today looked a good size too big if not more. We gonna end up with the men rollin in shorts like the NBA players eventually?

But in years past, when other suits used to be more appropriate, my dd would always say that Larissa had suits that showed way too much of her butt.
Which is exactly Margo's point. Because she is so slim in the hips Larissa seems to have a particular issue with the fit, whether they are appropriately cut for others or not.

Alright we're all talking about the ladies and there was a comment that no one notices the men... Well I notice the men and I am wondering why some of them have such large shorts. One of the British guy today looked a good size too big if not more. We gonna end up with the men rollin in shorts like the NBA players eventually?
The whole shorts thing is an issue, starting with the boys. They look better in the trimmer, shorter ones, but so many boys and men don't like them because they feel naked. At least this year I ever noticed any men's unders showing when they went upside down. It happened a few times last year.

I was not so please with the US men's uniforms in general this year. They were not very striking and one of them the pants and top did not match. Overall, I'm questioning whether Under Armour is doing a very good job with the US uniforms.

OMG yes! But it's one thing if you're an NBA player and quite another if part of your job involves going upside down a lot. In all of this concern about revealing comp gear, I'm surprised that so few people have noted that there have been Actual Sightings of both underwear and nipples.

I noticed some baggy shorts today. When my DS started gymnastics, no-one believed him when he said he had a leotard. They all assumed men just wore tight vests. Well today, I could tell that the men wore leos when the baggy shorts were upside down. But they were decent and just covering bodies so it didn't seem a big deal, whereas some of the revealing ladies leos did to me.

Why can our men not seem to get socks to match the blue longs? They are always a shade lighter and look like they have been through the wash.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back