WAG When PT is right before practice!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

munchkin3

Proud Parent
The Physical Therapy for Munchkins calves is amazing.....Very painful....but when they are done, her legs are completely flexible and you can actually SEE the tension release from the Achilles.....amazing.
BUT
its right before practice and I'm afraid of what she can and can't do for practice that day.......My guess is to have a light day with no heavy tumbling.....anyone second this, or am I off?

We often do PT for DD right before practice and then she just practices as normal. Maybe ask the therapist if she needs to avoid anything...

Definitely ask. When my YDD had therapy for her wrists he asked that we schedule on a non gym day. Not that gym would hurt her- that wasn't his reasoning to me, but because he would probably do things that would make her sore and tired for the day, and he figured why compound it.

It's possible that loosening her up before gym is a benefit and will cause her less issues since her calves will cause less strain to her heel.

When mine goes, it is right before practice on purpose...because she loves worming out right after...feels like a new gymnast, she says. Direct quote.:D

When my DD went to weekly PT prior to workout earlier this summer it took a few weeks for her to adjust to the "extra workout". My bribe for DD to get through PT then go to workout was a small vanilla milkshake as a treat.

Ok, greet input.....thanks, I wasn't sure how to handle this......I would have thought PT after practice would be good.....
I'm glad so many have tried different things and it seems overall positive to go into practice after pt....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back