Parents Where do you buy your practice leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tarheel618

Proud Parent
Going through a big growth spurt and needing to replace practice leos at a decent (cheap) price. Prefer GK because the size runs true. So where do you buy your leos without breaking the bank?

Various places but we are not GK only, have bought at meets/gym if the price is good (in other words sale/clearance). We also hand down in the gym,

Favorite place though these days is Amazon, using Prime for free shipping.

Snowflake Designs.
We find that we can get the same size as GK.
Depending on the size you need, they could have "grab bag" leotards for $17.00 each (currently CXS - AXS). You won't know exactly what you are getting, but you can tell them things like her color preferences (or colors to avoid) or she likes / hates velvet ... Prefers v-neck or scoop neck or can't handle high neck or prefers solid colors / prints... anything like that And they do their best to accommodate.
If she needs bigger than AXS, you might want to contact them and ask if they would have the size you need available in grab bag (they don't put it on the website unless they have a certain quantity available in that size).

I love plum too. Cheap and super comfy. I sized one up from GK.

we have some snowflake as well and also some Adidas as well but she seems to wear GK the most. I will check out plum. Just trying not to spend a fortune replenishing leos.

Question about Plum leos- do you have to hand wash?

I only hand wash her competition leo, all of the GK I wash on gentle cycle and hang to dry.

We got THE most incredible deal on Dreamlight ones, but it all depends on where you live in terms of shipping. Got them around the holidays; 10 bucks each, and they are great!

My DD is all about comfort... So another vote for Plum here, and we also size up. DD just starting to wear an AXS in GK, and can still wear some of their CL, but I've recently bought both AXS and AS from Plum and DD can wear both.

I will say that Plum is the only leo manufacturer which has discolored with stain treatment for me, but we still buy them. :)

I will also buy the pricier GK from the gym's pro shop as they're at a really reduced price (recently picked up a Gabby leo for $35). We also watch GK sales, as occasionally they'll have awesome deals. DD LOVES their sublimated leos the best out of anything else - she thinks they're cute and super comfy.

She also likes Jamwear, though they seem to be targeted towards younger girls some. They're also comfy, and we tend to find they run a little bit bigger than GK. Prices don't completely break the bank ($35-45?).

We've also done Melody Leotards - you can "customize" them, they're not too expensive, and DD finds them comfy. Delivery was delayed once near Christmas, and they tossed in a grip bag and extra scrunchies for the inconvenience, with a letter of apology.

The plum ones truly are great also. There seems to be ample room in the 'derriere'....which my child needs, as she has a muscle butt...:p

My girls love Plum leos, too, and we size up. The kids say they are the comfiest and only wear their others on days they have to wear their team spirit leo.

we have some snowflake as well and also some Adidas as well but she seems to wear GK the most. I will check out plum. Just trying not to spend a fortune replenishing leos.

Question about Plum leos- do you have to hand wash?

I only hand wash her competition leo, all of the GK I wash on gentle cycle and hang to dry.
I never hand wash any leos! In fact the competition leos always say not to hand wash!

That being said, besides GK on sale, my daughter likes Plum which are reasonably priced. She has gotten a few Desitira leos as meet gifts and they fit well. She also likes K-Bee.

Honestly Plum is the best for returns etc.

She does not like Snowflake. Never fit well!

Good luck!

Mainly GK at the gym but Plum sounds intriguing. There's also a local lady who makes custom leos and a colleague had one made for my daughter which was great and more than half the price of GK so I think we'll be paying her a visit soon.

The Plum ones are great and there are new releases every few months or so because they don't re-stock old styles. Their Americana mini line was just released and I would guess they will have a spring or summer line coming out in May or June.

Plum is great.......dreamlight on sale is great, but you've got to buy enough to make the shipping worth it.

Destira is good especially with their mystery leotards which are $19 and they have a code "meet2016" which will take $10 off- so with shipping a leo for $15

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back