Where do you keep your chalk?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was just wondering where you guys (Gymnasts) keep your chalk? I've seen girls at my gym keep in in Grip Bags, or some in little plastic tupperware boxes. Where do you guys keep yours??

DD has a little bag for her grips, gloves and straps and she also has a small tupperware tub for her chalk and grips brush.

Everything in her gym bag stinks of chalk anyway!

at her old Gym Pink and Fluffy had to buy her own chalk, we used a tupperwear type box we got in Aldi - she covered it in stickers so we knew whose it was. At her new gym they supply the chalk.

I've never seen a gym in the US where athletes have to bring in their own chalk. Generally we have chalk reservoirs.

My first thought was, in the giant orange Home Depot bucket. And then I read Tupperware container and could just picture the mess of several little girls trying to use chalk out of that! Gyms in the US provide it for all members of the gym. If I had to provide my own, though, I would look for a tight container with a locking top, something like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001AZNAWY. I think that would help prevent spilling.

ah but our chalk is not loose but compacted into a block, which makes it ideal to store in a little oblong box

All the gymnasts bring their own chalk to our gym. As Margo says, it's a little block about 5"x3"x2" and fits neatly in a tupperware tub with a snaplock lid. Lasts for months and doesn't seem to make any mess.

The gym does leave a couple of little blocks in the beam area, used for marking where to start dismounts etc.

Ta da

FILE0071.jpg FILE0072.jpg

at the gym we supply the chalk but when we are at meets they sometimes are low or stingy and there is no chalk by the beam. We bought a chalk ball. I think ten-o sells them. It is chalk that is put in a cheese cloth like stocking and it works well at keeping the mess down

Sent from my 754TPC using ChalkBucket mobile app

Dds gym supplies the chalk but they are rationed a certain amount because apparently the situation was getting crazy with the amount they were using.

Dd just started recently and hates too much chalk so we are good. But the gym supplied tupperware for each girl to keep her monthly ration in.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back