MAG Where to buy socks to match team uniform?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Mom2twingymnasts

Proud Parent
I just found out that I need to get my son socks to match his uniform. He competes this weekend. The socks came with the uniform in the past or least were provided to me in the past. Where can I get youth size light gray or silver ankle socks?

Do you have a Sports Authority or some other type of sporting goods or uniform store near you? I wonder why they didn't order them with the uniform??

Target......

We never had any luck finding socks to match our silver pommel pants. Our kids wore black or white to go with them. One lady found a pair at Old Navy or Gap..but only one pair. If you find some, let me know! we have been looking for over a year!

I bought womens ankle socks at Target. My son doesn't need to know that they are womens socks. :) They are light grey. They don't match perfectly but good enough for the first meet. I think I'm going to buy white socks and silver dye but won't get that done in time for this weekend.

You should try to match our odd red color. You don't know how many reds there are out there until you have to try......

Our coach made the mistake of telling us parents that he didn't care what color socks the boys wore. So....

We have one meet here that is a "fun" meet. There is a costume contest. The judges are booed. There are pranks (gymnasts pushing each other in scales during floor, stopping to text during their floor routine, etc. the judges have been known to ask trivia questions for "bonus" points. It is a really fun meet!

Anyway, for this meet, the parents got together and purchased the "girl" socks..you know, the ones that are a pack of 8 different striped/polka dot, swirly brightly colored socks. They wore their "competition" socks in to warm ups, and when teh coach came out to the floor to get them ready, they took of their socks and revealed their other socks. He loved it and got a pair to wear for himself. The boys competed in them. Funniest thing was, several judges said that they never even noticed!

Lol...that's funny!!! On a serious note, don't get the rayon socks...too slippery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back