Where to sell a gymnastics rec. bar?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi,

I have a question. We bought our girls a gymnastics bar with a 4" thick mat. Both are great. Unfortunately they can no longer use it as they are both beyond skills they can do on it. One of my girls is a level 5 and working on some 6 skills and the other is a level 7. This bar was wonderful when they were learning front hip circles, back hip circles, kips, squat on's, casting, shoot thru's, mill circles. Actually my younger daughter even broke a light in my house because she cast so high!

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does your gym have a bulletin board? I think posting a pic with some details & price at the gym is your best bet. I think it would get snapped up pretty quickly by some of the lower level parents. And that way you'd be dealing with a local buyer & no shipping or anything involved. JMHO. Good luck!

YOu cannot advertise it here, as our paying advetsers would be very unhappy with us. I advise Ebay as people are always looking for them. I will edit your post to reflect the CB's policies.

Ebay for sure!

I agree e-bay they buy anything but Craigs list for your state will be cheaper for shipping.

I would ask around at the gym first to see if any other parent or even the gym itself might want to purchase it you never know. We have the e-mail addresses of all the team parents so we just e-mail eachother with info like that. I bet the owners of your gym if you ask them would allow you to put a for sale notice at the gym.

I would try your local Craigslist. That is where we got DDs bar. Also listing it at your gym might work as well. :) Ebay has the added hassle of shipping it. I would try local first. :)

Ask around at your gym!! Also on ebay you can state that the item is for pickup only! That way the buyer knows that you are not going to ship it. The mat alone should sell for quite a bit all by itself! Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back