Where would I buy metal-bar gloves? (Australia)

JessSyd

Proud Parent
Oct 10, 2013
Sydney Australia
Country
Australia
Usually the girls just use gloves supplied by the gym, but now each girl needs their own.

GMdirect is my usual go-to but they are sold out until mid July.

Are they just the sort of white cotton glove you would use for handling old books? Or are they special in some way? I am getting a really unhelpful ‘I dunno’ from the kid.

Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

Sk8ermaiden

Proud Parent
May 6, 2013
Country
USA
We use the really cheap knit stretchy winter gloves. Like these. Search "magic gloves"

I have also heard of teams using plain cotton gardening gloves, but I find that almost all are laminated or grippy - I can never find plain cotton ones.

Reactions: JessSyd

Pineapple_Lump

Coach
Coach
Proud Relative
Judge
Jan 31, 2008
Toe socks... find that little odd sock shop in your shopping centre and they might still sell a few pairs. You then just snip off the ends of the toes. Otherwise you can get plain white dusting gloves from the cleaning isle of the supermarket or they sell a similar thing in pharmacies.

Aussie_coach

Moderator/Coach
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Club Owner
Jan 4, 2008
Country
Australia
The ones sold by GMD are just a plain white cotton glove. You can get them from Coles or Woolworths, they sell them with the dish washing gloves to wear inside the glove. Or from Bunnings.

Toodee

Proud Parent
Apr 28, 2016
Country
Australia
We use toe socks, just cut the tips of the toes off. My DD loves being able to have all sorts of funky colours. Usually we find them from the sock shops in the middle of shopping centres but if you want an online option, I have also seen them for sale at Gymsports WA www.gymsportswa.com.au with the straps/loops.

JessSyd

Proud Parent
Oct 10, 2013
Sydney Australia
Country
Australia
Thank you everyone. I will have to ask my gymnast what she wants. Cleaning gloves from Coles sound easy, but colourful toe socks sound fun!

&bs

Coach
Former Gymnast
Judge
Club Owner
Dec 18, 2013
Country
Australia
Bunnings have patterned gardening gloves that our girls use. They have ribbing around the wrists that works well. The purple Zebra print is a favourite. They last longer than the white ones that tend to get holes and also discolour from sweat quite quickly.

Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!