Which apparatus?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Which apparatus/skill gives you the most trouble?
I've met lots of people who have trouble with bars... and a few people who dont like to go backwards.
I personally, find bars difficult but still enjoy it.
what about you guy??:)

LOVE bars.

Hardest for me is probably beam, because of my bad floor basics. Which brings me to floor - I'm alright there, tend to score well, but my technique is **** and I can't really train it lots, because my ankles would kill me for it.

Bars is my favorite. Quite easy for me. Backwards tumbling for me is not a strength. Often at practice i have started to not flip over on my backwards tumbling....although forward tumbling is quite a strength for me.

I love bars its my favorite and best event! I usually struggle with vault or forwards tumbling!

Yeh Im the same as a lot of you! Bars is one of my favourites as is beam!! I love floor just not quite as much but still love it.......so we get to vault....... its not that i dont like it its just i find it more challenging which is not necessarily a bad thing but i also dont like the way theres not much artistic to it in the sense that on beam bars and floor you have routines and interesting moves whereas vault is just about the flip!

Despite the fact that I coach vault a lot now, I always hated vault. When I work out now, you will find me on the bars, or the beam. Vault = never!!!!

Okay...so, lets just say all four :).
On bars, i am just terrible, expesially my clear hips and flyaways! On beam, i am the biggest scardy cat you will EVER see! I won't go backwards to save my life! On floor, i guess i am a good tumbler, i just have fears (again), and i am not a dancer...
On vault, i am really good (well, my vault is just a fhs). But i am REALLY good here. I am just afriad to vault w/o a coach standing there...
I just need to get over a few (a lot) of fears and i should be okay. haha.

my worst is probably bars, I love it and still score pretty well (8.500's- 9.300's) but i have a lot of "body breaks" as the judges put it.

Okay...so, lets just say all four :).
On bars, i am just terrible, expesially my clear hips and flyaways! On beam, i am the biggest scardy cat you will EVER see! I won't go backwards to save my life! On floor, i guess i am a good tumbler, i just have fears (again), and i am not a dancer...
On vault, i am really good (well, my vault is just a fhs). But i am REALLY good here. I am just afriad to vault w/o a coach standing there...
I just need to get over a few (a lot) of fears and i should be okay. haha.

Haha wow. Don't be so afraid!!

I always scored lowest on bars, but it was the event I most enjoyed working on. I guess it's because I love a challenge! Every time the coach would ask which event we wanted to do first, I would say BARS! Every other gymnast would grunt and give me a dirty look if the coach then said, "Everyone go to bars." :rolleyes: chuckle

I always scored lowest on bars, but it was the event I most enjoyed working on. I guess it's because I love a challenge! Every time the coach would ask which event we wanted to do first, I would say BARS! Every other gymnast would grunt and give me a dirty look if the coach then said, "Everyone go to bars." :rolleyes: chuckle

hehe. you sound exactly like me:D

I have trouble with vault and bars. I have level 6 skills on beam and floor but not on bars. On bars O have like level 3 skills. My vault is ok, I can do a front handspring but it is not the best.

Bars is by far the worst for me, but now that I am progressing with them, I am starting to enjoy them more. My favorite is bars too now. I actually love all lol

Uhm..........I mostly struggle with bars because of fear and do not have very good basics and same w/ beam although better than bars :)

Did I also mention I am terrified of doing anything other than a fhs on voult?!?! hahaha

vault... i'm scared to do it. although when i get it, it is fun to do (FHS vault). i'm scared of almost everything on beam, too, but i really like beam and want to get better at it. i'm not too good at tumbling, but i like floor a lot. bars is fun but i don't have that many skills, and i am scared to do a squat on, even though i can do it.

i'm with gymfan4ever95, i have fear issues with all the events!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back