Which day to go for men’s events?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sourkey

Proud Parent
Just dawned on me that we should have looked into taking our oldest to see the worlds since we live just a couple hours away. There are tickets available for the only potential days we could go (Thursday or Saturday).

Thursday would be the men’s individual AA final and Saturday would be the finals for floor, pommel and rings. Having never been to a competition before or even really watched, which would be more enjoyable for a 9 year old who will be new to competing this year and will be very inspired by seeing the men compete?

I would go to the MAG AA, you will see some amazing gymnasts on all apparatus. The other day you will only see the three you list and two WAG apparati. The Thursday will probably be a bit shorter as they only have one medal ceremony. The Saturday one will have five ceremonies, rather tedious for a 9 year old.

I would do AA. High bar and vault are probably the most exciting to watch, so I wouldn't want to miss them.

Driving in during rush hour is a million times better than driving out. Not sure where you are coming from, but you could drive to a metro station and park there. We often do that and the kids enjoyed the adventure. The Olympic stadium is right by Metro Pie IX on the green line. Super easy.

My husband is actually from montreal so I don't know why he's suddenly afraid to drive there. We're coming from Ottawa. He'll end his work day early, grab the kid from school after lunch and they'll hopefully get there a bit early. This works out perfectly since my son's birthday is on Wednesday but my husband has to work all evening and will miss supper - it will be a special birthday outing for them.

My husband is actually from montreal so I don't know why he's suddenly afraid to drive there. We're coming from Ottawa. He'll end his work day early, grab the kid from school after lunch and they'll hopefully get there a bit early. This works out perfectly since my son's birthday is on Wednesday but my husband has to work all evening and will miss supper - it will be a special birthday outing for them.

That works well, if you get there early there is the Biodome or Insectarium right there, both would probably appeal to a 9 year old boy.

Glad you picked men's AA. Your son will almost certainly get the chance to see Kohei Uchimura. If he remains interested in gymnastics, that's an experience he's likely to treasure for the rest of his life.

Glad you picked men's AA. Your son will almost certainly get the chance to see Kohei Uchimura. If he remains interested in gymnastics, that's an experience he's likely to treasure for the rest of his life.

Just read this comment and it really struck home. No Kohei -- who would have guessed?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back