Which Grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So my sister is a level 4/5 and has been using GK plam gaurds for about the past year. She is now doing one level 5 and one level 4 practice a week. We are thinking about buying dowel grips for her, but I am torn between what brand to buy. I use english bulldog double buckles and love them, I have tried ten.0s and hated them. I measured her hands and they are about 5.25 inches. (00 in most brands.) I do not know whether to buy english bulldog kippers or ten.0 pixie grips. Does anyone have any advice or comments or another brand they liked?

I personally like my pixie grips and would recommend them for her as a new level 5 team mate.

My favorite grips are reisport. Most gymnast use them, they are very durrable. Ive had a few types of dowels and those have been my favorite.

So my sister is a level 4/5 and has been using GK plam gaurds for about the past year. She is now doing one level 5 and one level 4 practice a week. We are thinking about buying dowel grips for her, but I am torn between what brand to buy. I use english bulldog double buckles and love them, I have tried ten.0s and hated them. I measured her hands and they are about 5.25 inches. (00 in most brands.) I do not know whether to buy english bulldog kippers or ten.0 pixie grips. Does anyone have any advice or comments or another brand they liked?

the best thing to do is ask your Coach if they have a preferance first. A lot of coaches do have a favorite.

Our gym doesn't allow the use of palm guards. They use for the smaller hands Pixie grips. for larger hands at L 5 ad L6 the girl can choose the brand but they want them to use the Velcro type. When they get to L7 they can use buckle style if they get certain skills. We just ordered buckle ones for my DD. She went with the Nastia grips. Several of the older girls got them at our gym and our coach likes them now a lot. You can only get them at DGS. I called them to see what the differences were between the different styles and they told me that the "Big Swingers" were more for Levels 5 and 6. Where as the Champion and Russian Heritage were for the bigger skills of optional levels. that these 2 are basicly the same but the shape of the part that goes on the hand is different. It would be a personal preferance as to what the girl likes.

My daughter has the Hot Shot grips from US Glove that she has been using since she was Level 5 (she is a Level 10 and still uses the Hot Shots). The Hot Shot grip has a thinner strip of leather across the palm which allows her to "feel" the bars. She tried Reisports and English Bulldogs and felt they were like "boxing gloves". You can go right on the US Glove website and order them directly. At this point too, her preference is for the buckle style grips although she did use velcro until she was Level 7.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back