which is harder to learn: Front hip of mill circle?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momof5

Proud Parent
My daughter is working on both of these skills to try to move up to team and it seems like both of these skills people struggle to learn. Which one was easier for you to learn or for your dd to learn?

I got my mill circle much sooner than my front hip circle. You just have to be aggressive with the mill circle and stay strong through the end. Front hip circle takes more timing and form.

Mill circles came really easy for my dd - so I would have to say front hip. Even those weren't too bad though - just don't ask how long it took her to finally do a good kip with straight arms and legs, lol.

DD has been struggling w/ front mill circle since October :(. She just about has it - it is just not pretty and not yet consistent. She has only tried the front hip circle at one practice - so at this point I would have to say mill circle - I hope the front hip is not as difficult for her :eek:

I struggled with my front mill circle, but I didn't struggle much with the front hip circle. Try to be agressive on both skills, and have fun with them.

I did my stride circle the first time i tried. It took me about a week to get a front hip circle. Keep in mind that i was 15 when i started them though.

My dd had to do the mill circle in her l3 routine and it toke about 2months but once she learned it she hits every time ,she is now in l4 and has been practicing the front hip for 3mon no go yet but getting close.

Both of my girls learned their stride circle before their front hip. In both skills they need to roll their wrists to the top of the bar. The front hip was harder for them because you have to time it just right and be aggressive to get around the bar.

Good luck.

I took DD (7) from Sept to last Wednesday to get her mill circle. She did back in Jan get one in a warm up before her level 3 meet, but then did not have it til this week. We are going to open gym today so it will be interesting to see if she does it again.

Front hips are still in progress. They have only been working on them since the end of Feb. Her level 4 season will not start until Jan '09, so hopefully she will have it by then.

Barb

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back