WAG Which Leotard Company Do You Like Best?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm so jealous of all of the fun leo options girls have these days, when I was competing we pretty much had Alpha Factor and GK. There were a few places you could get leos online, but it was much easier to just pick up a big name brand at the gym, a meet, or at the outlet stores which were not too far from where I grew up (both Alpha Factor and GK).
There was a local-ish company that had leos at some of our meets that I liked called JKLM made by a judge in Pennsylvania. Do they still make them?

I have leotards from
GK Elite
Alpha factor
Snowflake Designs
The Zone
KBee Leotards

Milano
Tappers and Pointers
Roch Valley
Christian Moreau

the roch valley and tappers are more for dance thou

i find it hard to choose which is best , GK have lots of choice and good fit, alpha fit well too, but not so much chose, Christian Moreau are lovely but expensive, but miliano are very good too
i guess gk are the best for me

Milano are really good with delivery and their leotards aren't that bad. But, I prefer GKs leos but they are so much hassle:D

Someone here told us about Melody Leotards and I just bought 3 for my daughter. Melody was GREAT as the original size we ordered didn't work quite right so I called and she said she would make an 'in between' size....she did and they're perfect!

The bonus for my daughter is that she got to design her own! There are about 6 or 8 styles online and you can pick any color combinations so essentially your leo is one of a kind! She loved this!! They were $30 which is reasonable, all things considered.

I highly recommend her! Customer service is great and the turnaround time was less than a week!

My daughter also likes GK but I hate their prices. Fit can't be beat for her though. Ditto for KBee Leos...have had great luck with them but they are a bit more than Melody (though less than GK)

She hates Adidas and Snowflake. Fabric is a bit heavy, she says and torso seems short on her.

You can get GK leos for much cheaper than the GK website, if you like the fit. Check eBay, or even local gyms. My DD's gym's pro shop sells sleeveless GKs for $28 and long-sleeved GKs for $35.

GK's are pretty and have nice seam-work, but are pricey, slow to get, and not very friendly customer service. KBee has good prices and good customers support and are easy to work with, but seam-work is not quite as good. AF is pricey and hard to deal with and I do not like some of their heavy fabrics. So...for competition leos I would get GK and practice I would go with KBee.

We have tons of GK (we love the adidas leos) and Motionwear leos and a couple snowflake, one ozone, one alpha factor, and I think that's it. The adidas leos fit my oldest very nicely and the snowflake and motionwear leos fit my little dd the best. Our competition leo was GK last season and I thought it was fine, but I know it took forever to get!

My daughter finds that, although she adores the Adidas 'sporty' look leotards, they are a bit unforgiving on her and rub around the top of her legs and the shoulders, whilst still plenty of room in the body. She still wears them, but I cringe at the red marks in sensitive places!
Milano are definitely the best fit for her, soft, stretchy and no rubbing.
Also we really like 'The Zone' here in the UK. She's had a couple of their leotards for a year and they have stretched and grown with her, never rubbed and wash brilliantly. Good service too. They would get my my vote.

My dd loves Destira. She has proclaimed them her all time favorite leotard. We ordered 3 of the mystery grab bag leotards for $15 a piece. I didn't know what I was getting, but they are beautiful. They are very soft and fit her very well. The fabric is light. I do like Alpha Factor as well. She's had her comp leo for 2 seasons and it still looks like it did from day one.

My daughter finds that, although she adores the Adidas 'sporty' look leotards, they are a bit unforgiving on her and rub around the top of her legs and the shoulders, whilst still plenty of room in the body. She still wears them, but I cringe at the red marks in sensitive places!
Milano are definitely the best fit for her, soft, stretchy and no rubbing.
Also we really like 'The Zone' here in the UK. She's had a couple of their leotards for a year and they have stretched and grown with her, never rubbed and wash brilliantly. Good service too. They would get my my vote.

I must say I've noticed how well the zone leotards last too! Their shorts on the other hand are a nightmare we have found! They rarely stay in place and roll up, meaning the girls might as well not be wearing them!

^^^^^^^^^^^
That is so true! Silly, flimsy little shorts that roll up so far you can see the top of the leotard leg poking out. I thought that was just gym shorts in general and decided they were a bit pointless. If it's just The Zone, they need to get that sorted out. Her leotards still look new after many, many hours of wear and not altogether careful washing...

I love the Aerials by Alpha Factor. They have so many cute styles and more complicated designs.

When I am looking for great looking tank leotards, Melody Leotards are the best! They are well made and fit my kids great! I just bought them some great looking turquoise and zebra leotards at a website called Gym Chix. Super cute!

Someone here told us about Melody Leotards and I just bought 3 for my daughter. Melody was GREAT as the original size we ordered didn't work quite right so I called and she said she would make an 'in between' size....she did and they're perfect!

The bonus for my daughter is that she got to design her own! There are about 6 or 8 styles online and you can pick any color combinations so essentially your leo is one of a kind! She loved this!! They were $30 which is reasonable, all things considered.

I highly recommend her! Customer service is great and the turnaround time was less than a week!

My daughter also likes GK but I hate their prices. Fit can't be beat for her though. Ditto for KBee Leos...have had great luck with them but they are a bit more than Melody (though less than GK)

She hates Adidas and Snowflake. Fabric is a bit heavy, she says and torso seems short on her.

Thanks for the recommendation.- DD and I loved what was on her site and I plan to order her a few. It is neat we can design one with team colors.

We stick with GK because they tend to wear well. My little one doesn't tend to grow much at all (she's 7 and 32 pounds....still in a CXS in GK) so she doesn't really outgrow them for a long time. I have to have a leo that holds up, and GK is the best I've found.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back