WAG White Leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

No but it would annoy me because it would definitely require more thought as to what underwear i could wear, I had a white training leo and i never where it as it requires to much thought

Nope, Although they look absolutely lovely!

I guess you are asking because DD is getting one? My only advice would be to hand wash it separately!

I am with Pineapple Lump, they look great on the very small, very lean girls. But everyone else looks lumpy, even when they aren't. Then there is gymgurls underwear statement, you can always see way too much through white leos, even with good undies and everything casts shadows on white.

Bad enough to have to wear a leo in public, even worse for everyone to be able to see everything.

I'm with Pineapple Lump and Bog, great if you are 7 or 8 years old and very teeny tiny, not so great on everyone else. Also hard to wash, show every sweat stain possible.

Let's assume you don't have a choice and your gym chose the competition leo - my thought would be to not let her eat or drink anything but water in it (no red gatorade, lol). I've heard the snowflake undergarments are pretty well liked among the girls at our gym and they come in nude color which will be about the only color that would work under white. I'm sure you will make it work and it will look great. Good Luck!

Thanks 2gymmies. Yep, your assumption is correct. Our optional girls this year will be wearing white. The leos were ordered yesterday. The coach really wanted white and convinced the girls it would look really good. I think they are pretty, but yeah, white is nerve wracking! We are ordering the nude liners for them as well. Fortunately my dd is one of the younger optionals and is very lean, unfortunately that is not true for some of her older teammates. I've already discussed with my dd that she will only be drinking water and she will need to bring a change of clothes to all meets for when we go out to eat/ice cream after the meets. At least since my dd likes to bathe in the chalk bucket it won't show all the chalk, right?

Yup, keep it clean, wash very carefully and buy the best nude liner you can afford, the more you pay the better coverage it will give.

As to the older optionals, hope their parents don't faint.

Definitely think it will be necessary to change or put something over the leotard any time she eats or goes anywhere near anything that could get on the leo.

As far as the liner, it's definitely a good idea. If you or she doesn't like the one you are getting, try a different liner or nude colored leotard with a different material. I have one that's cotton that I like best.

Also wanted to add, white doesn't necessarily look bad on gymnasts that aren't small. Here I am is my leo I won in 2010 from MIOBI (and yes, I have worn it to my adult class! It's so pretty!) And I don't think it made me look lumpy at all! I am not sure if it's the cotton liner I have under it in this picture or the lycra one I have. I definitely think the key to not looking lumpy is the right liner/underwear!

36948_424565279616_7753616_n.jpg

~Katy

One of our local clubs have white leos - chosen to look good with the white stirrups the boys wear. The white lycra is seethrough, and when laundered, the coloured sleeves bled into the white fabric, so the whole leo went a greyish colour with the area around the sleeves looking quite lilac! They looked lovely when new though. Also the teenage girls refuse to wear them without shorts - not really possible to hide sanitary pads in a white leo...

0.o ack!

They look very nice on tiny or very fit athletes who are not extremely fair. Otherwise they kinda look awful...either you get the expansion thing or you get the thing from a distance where the legs and the arms and the leo all blend together. Or both.

(that said, my favorite practice leo was somewhere in between silver and white. It did not look as awesome as I thought...but for practice it did not matter)

I totally agree about the pale skin comment - i am so white I practically glow and white would just wash me out and as i am seventeen i am not the post i used to be and white would make me look lumpy :p oh and as for liners you can normally go to almost any dance store and they will have a large variety to choose from :)

This gymnast looks lovely in a white leo. She is slim and not fair-skinned, but she's definitely more than 8 years old! I was trying to find her floor routine from London Olympics 2012, but it doesn't seem to be on Youtube.

Vasiliki Millousi GRE - Trave - Paris 2010 - YouTube

The white leo does look nice on her. I asked the coach if she is going to take all the girls to FL over Christmas break so they can work on their tans before comp season...lol! Unfortunately my dd is somewhat fair skinned. We are working on making the best of it and looking at the positive. Like- my dd's team will be easy to spot in the sea of colored leos and we probably won't have to worry about other teams having the same or even similar leos. And, i do think they look nice on fit gymnasts- so more motivation to keep up with that conditioning, right? Perhaps we will need to do a meet in Florida and work in a beach day....

Jergins makes a gentle self tan lotion that only gives a little little coverage per application. I've never used it (don't need it with my coloring) but I have heard good things about it.

There is a kind of fake tan that goes on like a moisturiser and builds up gradually each time you use it. For example Johnson's Holiday Skin or Dove's Summer Glow.

It seems to me like it'd be easier to get leos that look good on everyone? *knows nothing of fake tanning products*

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back