Welcome Gymnastics Fans!

ChalkBucket was created in September of 2005 to help everyone learn more about gymnastics.

Joining ChalkBucket not only allows you access to the main forums... but also to our "Social Groups". Around 25% of our conversations now happen in the "Social Groups" which are only available to members.

Who is watching the Gala?

Discussion in '2016 Rio Olympics' started by LindyHopper, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danell had me laughing.

Watching Aly now.

2. I miss Jonathan and Courtney :(

txgymfan likes this.
  3. What's the gala?

duyetanh likes this.
  4. I am guessing it's like the exhibition the skaters put on after olympic comps are over....?

LindyHopper likes this.
  5. Live streaming now...

The first of two days of Gymnastics Gala. It's full of acro, tumbling, and rhythmic from around the world interspersed with simplified routines, set to music, by the medalists.

6. I have never seen pommels on a beam!

7. After an hour, I'm out. My girls are still watching, but I need to be more productive.

8. Is the second gala being aired? I only see one listed on NBC. Also, why do the gymnasts have to do a gala or exhibition? I don't really see the point.

" you just finished the hardest competition of your life, your exhausted, now go out and make it look fun one more time."

I love the skating exhibitions but they only have two rounds of competitions and that is more to benefit the organizers.

9. The announcer said the afternoon gala would be on Brazilian tv at 3 PM

10. I watched a little. Laurie did beam and Madison did floor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice