who is your FAVORITE gymnast?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

1 who is your favorite gymnast of all time?

2 who is your favorite gymnast that is still currently competing?

3 who is your favorite american gymnast?

Favorite male gymnast: This changes from day to day, honestly. I think at the moment, I'd have to say Kohei Uchimura

Favorite female gymnast: Definitely Samantha Shapiro

Favorite American male gymnast: Does Charlie Tamayo count as American? If so, him. If not, I'll go with Sasha Artemev.

OOOOOOO, I love this thread. Anyways:
1. David Kikuchi (he is Canadian)
2. Nastia Liukin (I have her autograph!!)
3. Nastia is American, so I'll choose another: Shawn Johnson (I'm getting her autograph!)

1. For me it has to be Elena Mukhina, mainly for her wonderful grace and balletic quality in all her work. She made the sport not just exciting but beautiful to watch, it's just so sad what happened to her :(

2.Well this is tied for me between two very different people, Lauren Mitchell (the Australian gymnast) because I love her modern, new take on gymnastics (especially her floor routine) and the other is Catherine Lyons. She is a 9 year old English girl currently on our elite track and she won national level 3 and had missed out on first place the previous year at level 4 only due to a technical error with her floor music which lost her .3. She has incredible flexibility and strength but also has an enormous amount of emotion in her current floor routine that is hardly ever seen in a 9 year old. She already has her double back and skills that are much harder than she is allowed to do in her current level.

3. Favourite american gymnast for me has to be Nastia as well because of her wonderful lines and grace

All time: I have a lot and it changes so there isnt really an "all time" favorite.

Still competing: Male- Charlie Tamayo
Female- Bridget Sloan

American: Chalie Tamayo Im counting him as american

Favorite Gymnast of all Time: Shannon Miller

Favorite Gymnast Still Competing: Shawn Johnson

Favorite American: Shannon Miller

All time: Nadia Comaneci

Current:
the other is Catherine Lyons. She is a 9 year old English girl currently on our elite track and she won national level 3 and had missed out on first place the previous year at level 4 only due to a technical error with her floor music which lost her .3. She has incredible flexibility and strength but also has an enormous amount of emotion in her current floor routine that is hardly ever seen in a 9 year old. She already has her double back and skills that are much harder than she is allowed to do in her current level.
OMG I actually LOVE Catherine!! I follow her on youtube all the time :) All of team sparkle are amazing, but Catherine has something special, i think she'll go a long way.

American: Amanda Borden

1. Tied between Nadia Comaneci and Shannon Miller :)
2. Kyla Ross
3. Shannon Miller

1. all time: probably shawn johnson
2. still competeing: i would say shawn johnson and nastia liukin but they are only training. so i would say rebecca bross and jordyn weiber
3. american: shawn johnson. nastia liukin, rebecca bross, jordyn weiber

1 who is your favorite gymnast of all time?
actually Gina Gogean - she was my first long term favorite gymnast

2 who is your favorite gymnast that is still currently competing?
Anna Pavlova

3 who is your favorite american gymnast?
Nastia

1. I think it would have to be Nastia Liukin
2. Ivana Hong
3. shawn Johnson :cool:

1. all time? Kristen Maloney, Chellsie Memmel and Shannon miller. I really like these girls, cant choose..
2. Shawn Johnson
3. Dominique Moceanu

1 who is your favorite gymnast of all time? Mary Lou Retton or Nadia C.

2 who is your favorite gymnast that is still currently competing? Shawn Johnson (or my daughter...lol)

3 who is your favorite american gymnast? Shawn Johnson

All Time: Ekaterina Lobaznyuk (so cute and original!), Svetlana Boguinskaya (very unique and so elegant), Henrietta Onodi (such a powerhouse for such a tiny thing)

Still Competing: Samantha Shapiro (love her lines and her classical style)

American: Shannon Miller (love her quiet determination) & Nastia Liukin (beautiful classic balletic style)

Last edited:
Some young ones that may someday be on my list Ana Porgras, Romania search ana porgras floor Viktoria Komova, Russia search viktoria komova international junior Anastasia Grishina, Russia search anastasia grishina anastasia grishina russia 2009.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back