Parents Who knew? Hard work does pay off!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

krisnkids

Proud Parent
We are a small gym with a small team so everyone always knows everyone's business. My dd as a return after a 4 year hiatus and 6 months back in the gym; struggles, works her but off, fights for every tenth she gets. Another young girl in her group has oodles of natural talent, everything comes easy for her, skimps on workouts, does bare minimum of conditioning, often oopsy, I forgot to do all the conditioning kind of gymmie. So we go to yesterday's meet. My dd wasn't a rock star, but she got personal bests on two events and got the high score on two events for her gym. The other gymmie who skims by struggled through the entire meet, didn't bomb anything, but she is capable of posting a 36 if she put in the effort. While I do not enjoy watching girls struggle, but for my gymmie and her friend who give 110% every day in the gym they could see that their hard work paid off. I truly hope that this was a wake up call for the other gymmie, she has such God-given natural talent that it kills the rest of us mom's that she doesn't use it.

Nice to see hard work pay off sometimes! And not to be mean, but also nice to see kids who skimp getting what they deserve occasionally.

I love hearing these stories, it's great to see the justice fairies come out and play sometimes. Well done to your daughter!

My daughter is a hard worker too, not the most naturally talented in her group, but definitely the hardest worker. So far the natural talent has managed to shine brightest, but I have every faith that the hard worker will get her rewards in the end and luckily so does she.

my dd is a hard worker who used to get cross that others skimped during conditioning etc.
She now knows the coach doesnt mind if she is last to finish because she KNOWS dd did it all properly.
She has been getting the rewards too. ITS WORTH IT!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back