Who will attend the Chalk Bucket Classic?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Will your club attend the 2013 Chalk Bucket Classic?

• Yes - No matter when or where, we will be there...I personally set our meet schedule

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yes - I will try my hardest to convince my club to attend

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Hopefully

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
One big question I have had on my mind for a couple of years now. Do we have enough people on this website with enough sway at their clubs to do this meet?

We are talking about doing a large meet (convention center) right off the bat. If we run a large meet and get 300 athletes we are pretty much sunk. We will need to get near 1000 athletes the first year just to break even. This is a tall order.

I will be meeting with my partners early next week. They want to know how strong this website is. They will be putting up the money. Expenses for this meet will run $100,000 or more.

So my question...how many of you will be there if the meet is in a location such at St. Louis or Memphis?

I am just an involved parent, so there's only so much I can do to influence the meets we attend. But I do know that if it's too far or too expensive it will be unlikley that we could attend. As it is we have to fly in from a foreign country, and it takes 3.5 hours just to reach Miami, never mind continuing on to somewhere else! NY and DFW are further. That said, we have been to meets in SC that took 2 flights to get there. It really depends on time of year, flight times and costs etc. I would love to participate, but it's really going to depend. Our team isn't all that big, so certainly don't plan for our sakes! If we can make it we will.

Will individuals be able to compete without technically belonging to a club? (like if you're an adult gymnast and you do have a coach but you don't have a team or anything)

If it was in ST Louis then no, but i know you said something about anehiam and we would most likely be able to go to that. we could bring in about 20 optional girls.

If it would be there we could be a fore sure. We would have 6 girls. I would have no problem getting a commitment from our team/

JUst to follow up on out brief exchange JBS> I can happily provide you with contact info for the Canadian Provincial federations and some key clubs where some great coaches are at work with kids who do travel meets for International expereince.

JUst to follow up on out brief exchange JBS> I can happily provide you with contact info for the Canadian Provincial federations and some key clubs where some great coaches are at work with kids who do travel meets for International expereince.

That would be great Bog!

Also...let's get some more votes in on this poll!

I think more teams would be willing if the details would be known more. I discussed it with our team tonight and the 3 parents i talked to were on board ( we would only be bringing 6) the other parents were not there

I think more teams would be willing if the details would be known more. I discussed it with our team tonight and the 3 parents i talked to were on board ( we would only be bringing 6) the other parents were not there

Unfortunately, I don't have many details yet. Since it's still in the planning process...a final destination hasn't even been selected yet. I've been on the phone for the last two days looking for a great location. I've got a few cities in mind. Once it is narrowed down...I've got to get on a plane and go tour the venues in the city...possibly sign a contract. Once a contract is signed...details will come quick.

I will be meeting with our investors next week. While I do have many ideas for this meet...I also need to be flexible with what the investors want. They may want it in a different city. When it comes down to it...they're the ones putting the money on the line.

Sounds like it would be an awesome meet but right now our gym only competes in Texas with other gyms in the same league.

If it had WAG and T&T I could argue a case for it (unless it was right around state/regionals/nationals).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back