Why is a sheep jump called a sheep jump?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
So, at training we were doing sheep jumps and one of the younger girls asked, why sheep jump? sheep don't touch their head with their feet when they jump, that's just silly!
Like shushanova etc can be explained as it was named after someone so was someone called _____sheep?

Same with a wolf jump, i have never seen a wolf jump quite like a wolf jump :p

I know its a silly question but it created a lot of laughter at training :p

Because it takes to long to say...."I want you to show me five more of those jumps where you kick yourself in the back of the head". Maybe, maybe not. Could be whoever was given the right to name the was sitting in a meadow wishing the sheep would stop their insane bleating, and shouted out.......Sheep, how can I think with all these sheeeeeeeeep!.

It just could be that Tim and Elfy had something to do with it when they argued weather it was a leap or a jump, and through the commotion Elfy's tongue got a little twisted while she was exclaiming "sheez, jump", and it just popped out "sheep, jump".......

So does that mean that a wolf jump was named after the sheep jump. The person who named it that, must have seen a gymnast do a wolf jump and decided that it looked just like a sheep jump, so they said, "Oh that jump amost the same as a sheep jump. It must be a wolf in sheep's clothing". So that's how the wolf jump got named.

So does that mean that a wolf jump was named after the sheep jump. The person who named it that, must have seen a gymnast do a wolf jump and decided that it looked just like a sheep jump, so they said, "Oh that jump amost the same as a sheep jump. It must be a wolf in sheep's clothing". So that's how the wolf jump got named.

very good! but it is named after what the sheep actually can do.:)

It use to be a popular jump for cheerleaders back in the day and it was called a 'C' jump, so maybe they misunderstood and thought it was 'sheep' instead of 'c'? I don't know.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back