Parents Why move fast through levels if not going elite?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mariposamama
Your girls are precious!! Your dd looks like she is well on her way. She's very talented. The little one dancing could not be sweeter!!! Keep us posted on her progress.

i think they are super cute. but i am their mom. :D

it seems so far away, but i know the time will fly and i will be watching her finally get to compete. she is so excited about it. has gotten really into going to our university's meets and we have been to everyone since the first one we went to. only one more to go, thankfully. it is a long drive and always on a busy day for us, fridays. she loves watching the college girls and i enjoy it as well. always have loved watching gymnastics and ice skating on TV. i love how the girls are so supportive of each other and that she sees that.

Tuduri,

Just wanted to say I love your posts...all of them. However long my DD lasts in gymnastics, I hope I stay as level-headed and as realistic as you do. I don't feel my DD is as talented as most on her team, so my expectations are much different than most of the team parents, but as long as she continues to have fun we take it one day at a time. This first season though I have witnessed first hand at how pushy some parents are in planning their daughter's future at the age of 6 or 7. Thanks for the breath of fresh air! Your daughter sounds quite talented!!!

Talent

Blackie6:

I tell my dd that we don't know how talented she is. However, we do know how hard she is willing to work. That is the only element we can control.

I probably have already stated this in some post in the past, but it is worth repeating. When my dd was eight years old she said to me, "daddy, you are only cheating yourself when you cheat on your conditioning." I was stunned to hear this from an eight year old child. I wish I could take credit for it, but I can't. It came straight from her heart. I think that this attitude, more than anything else has helped my dd to improve her skills. I believe that other little dds can do this, too. We don't know how much talent they have. We only know how hard they are willing to work.....and have fun! We need to let them know that hard work and fun can co-exist and that success comes from doing one's best.

Good Luck,

Tuduri

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back