DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

my4buffaloes

Proud Parent
So dd's bar routine will be the following:
kip
cast
pirouette
clear hip (she likely will not make it to handstand)
kip
cast
squat on
jump to high bar
kip
cast handstand
giant
giant
layout flyaway

She insists she doesn't have a routine, that she can't do the pirouette to hand stand or the clear hip to handstand. So if she doesn't make it to handstand on either skill what is the deduction? or would it be that she doesn't get credit at all for the skills? If she doesn't make it to handstand will she meet the A and B requirements? I am trying to convince her that it will be fine, but I don't really know what I am talking about so if y'all can give me more info on what will work for a L8 bar routine and meet the requirements that would be great. Thanks!

She insists she doesn't have a routine, that she can't do the pirouette to hand stand or the clear hip to handstand. So if she doesn't make it to handstand on either skill what is the deduction? or would it be that she doesn't get credit at all for the skills? If she doesn't make it to handstand will she meet the A and B requirements?

I'm not sure what you mean that she "can't do the pirouette to handstand." She must make it to handstand in order to pirouette. Please clarify :)

As far as the free-hip, she will get B credit if it is further than 20 degrees from handstand and can be up to a .4 deduction (.4 if the free-hip is below horizontal).

not to hijack my4buffaloes post :D, but can anyone tell me what the deduction is for a clear hip not to handstand in L7? The routine has giants.

"I'm not sure what you mean that she "can't do the pirouette to handstand." She must make it to handstand in order to pirouette. "

Well that is what I said. I have seen her do them numerous times and she makes it over just find and connects it to something else. Maybe she feels like she isn't turning at the right time or something? I don't know I am just telling you what she told me LOL I don't understand it at all! But thanks for your help.

not to hijack my4buffaloes post :D, but can anyone tell me what the deduction is for a clear hip not to handstand in L7? The routine has giants.
No deduction. You would just get the B instead of the C. And since level 7's requirements include no C's she will be fine. :)

my4buffaloes said:
Well that is what I said. I have seen her do them numerous times and she makes it over just find and connects it to something else. Maybe she feels like she isn't turning at the right time or something? I don't know I am just telling you what she told me LOL I don't understand it at all! But thanks for your help.

Hmmm perhaps her coaches are telling her she's not finishing her pirouette in handstand. How far out of handstand she finishes her pirouette is a deduction...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back