Parents Wish us luck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippymonkeysmom

For the past couple of weeks my dd has been having issues with her wrist. It used to just hurt when she tumbled and vaulted, but has been progressively getting worse. She is now at the point where she really won't use it at all. We have been icing, doing ibuprofen, etc. - no luck - still just keeps getting worse. Today she has an appt. with the orthopedist. I'm really hoping she didn't do anything major to it - especially since she is supposed to be leaving for camp on Saturday!!! So we would appreciate any good luck sent this way :pray:

I'll be crossing all of my limbs for her.:) I know how tough these injuries are on our gymnasts. They just seem to creep up and then stay, bites.

Good luck!!! Please keep up updated and let us know how she's doing.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts. She has tendonitis in her wrist. She has to wear a splint for a month to give it a chance to heal. I told the doctor that she is leaving for camp on Saturday. He said that if she uses the tiger paws, doesn't go too crazy and puts the splint on during all non-gym time it shouldn't make it any worse. I'm really glad that it is a short camp and she will be home Wednesday. I really hope that is it this year for the injuries !!!

Good it's nothing MAJOR! Well, good luck to her in camp, hope she brings back some new skills:)

Whew! Glad it's nothing horrible. Tell her to have a good time at camp and don't do anything crazy. :D

I am so glad that it isnt anything too serious. We had the exact same thing happen last year right before camp. Beetle's wrist was sore, doctor said it was tendonitis, gave her a split and told her to stay off it for a week. We went back a week later and it was still painful. In order for the doctor to release her for camp he wanted xRays and an MRI - $600 later we were cleared with a wrist sprain. Camp was expensive last year!

I hope your DD had a great camp! Have fun and enjoy!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back