WAG WOGA/TX Dreams/Metroplex

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is a completely random question solely because my curiosity is tickled...

A few weeks ago I read an article on a gymnastics site about WOGA being the best gym in the country. The author did not elaborate as to why they believed this, but they seemed to state it as if it were common knowledge. So, I'm curious...

We live in TX and we have seen WOGA compete and they are good (and there seems to be a TON of girls at every level!), BUT...we also competed against TX Dreams and Metroplex and these two gyms also seemed to compete very well (and there seemed to be a TON of them at every level as well!)

If WOGA is indeed the best gym in the country, what makes it so? And, for that matter, what makes any gym better than any other? Is it the number of Olympians the gym produces? The number of Olympic coaches? The depth of the coaching staff? International recognition?

The " best" gym, school, hamburger, anything is completely subjective. It is the best for your family and child at this time. Those gyms have great reputations but would not be the best for a child that thrives on a small team environment. They may not be the best for a family that needs to drive over an hour each way with siblings in tow.

WOGA was deemed the best gym in the country after it produced Carly Patterson and Nastia Liukin. However, it is not up to that standard anymore as neither of the coaches who worked with those two coach elite anymore. Plus, most Dallas area gyms are good in the compulsory and lower level optional program. Texas Dreams, WOGA, Denton, Zenith, Metroplex, ect.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back