Wolf turns

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I hate them. The waving arms during the turn drives me nuts. They almost always look sloppy. Are they worth more from a difficulty perspective? Give me Thorsdottir's turn sequences on beam any day over a poorly executed wolf turn.

I loved Sarah Finnegan's wolf turn on beam in 2012 when it was 'her' thing....now it is just way overused. But Simone's save!! It just shows how amazing she is to pull that off without even touching the beam much less falling.

Thank you! I hate them too. A normal double turn in passé executed perfectly or the horizontal leg turns are so much nicer. The wolf turn always looks sloppy even if done properly.

I hate them. The waving arms during the turn drives me nuts. They almost always look sloppy. Are they worth more from a difficulty perspective? Give me Thorsdottir's turn sequences on beam any day over a poorly executed wolf turn.

This made me look up a Thorsdottir routine - WOW is all I can say, gorgeous artistry and beautiful turns, leaps and everything else!!! I had to share a clip in case others haven't seen her work. WOW. (NBC better show her at the Olympics is all I can say!!)

I hate wolf turns! The only skill I hate worse is the beam skill that looks like a side aerial but with bent knees. Have no idea what it's called but every time I see it I cringe. I think Ashton competed it last night.

Ragan and Simone both usually do the wolf turns correctly but I still just don't think they are pretty lol.

They are awful! I was letting my team play around with new jumps/leaps/turns the other day and one squatted down to try a wolf turn. I quickly exclaimed my distaste for them, that they are all ugly, and no one on the team would ever so much as attempt one with me as their coach.

There were a few from the 70s that looked okay, before they went overboard. Just a simple 1/1 turn, some were even able to work out of them. I think I also recall a Junior from US Nationals this year doing one that was halfway decent, but I can't recall who it was.

I hate wolf turns! The only skill I hate worse is the beam skill that looks like a side aerial but with bent knees. Have no idea what it's called but every time I see it I cringe. I think Ashton competed it last night.

I agree! I know there were at least two girls that did these last night...they're so weird looking and the opposite of elegant!

Ragans wolf turns are beautiful! (Even though yes, I agree I don't like them much, hope they phase them out soon.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back