Women's AA

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

...but it looks like both Murakami and Melnikova have higher floor difficulty than Morgan... Nina Derwael is my other favorite, but she doesn't strong enough FX - D score either...

I read the Balancebeamsituation blog suggest that maybe we should go back to 10.0 since Simone had an off day and won by such a large margin. I think that misses the point about how she may be the GOAT -- she is just that much better. The 2nd - 6th scoring shows how close the rest of the world sits. We are in the Age of Biles -- it is unlikely there will always be such lopsided victories.

I read the Balancebeamsituation blog suggest that maybe we should go back to 10.0 since Simone had an off day and won by such a large margin. I think that misses the point about how she may be the GOAT -- she is just that much better. The 2nd - 6th scoring shows how close the rest of the world sits. We are in the Age of Biles -- it is unlikely there will always be such lopsided victories.
Yes, this. Some of the comments complaining about sloppy gymnastics winning were so off the mark. Even on a bad day, with falls, I wouldn’t characterize her gymnastics as sloppy. Add to that just how much better even still she usually is, and.. yeah.. she deserves her victories. People got what they wanted- a closer game, so to speak- and they’re still not happy.

If they go back to the 10.0 system, won’t we just get easier routines that can be executed cleanly? Why push for difficulty when you won’t get rewarded for it? I think it’s exciting to watch the current COP challenge and take the sport to new heights.

I have so enjoyed reading Tom Forster's updates on facebook. There's a transparency there we haven't seen before. I'm eager to read his assessment of today's competition.

When people were questioning the line up, I love that he said it was Morgan’s choice. It seems like he listens to the girls and that their voices matter. I also loved the public support for Riley after a rough qualification.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back