WAG women's artistic vs. Tumble and tramp?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Cindi

Proud Parent
Ok so some of you may have seen my other post about my DD'd lv 4 class getting cut to 6 hrs a week. There are no other other gymnastic near to transfer to. But there is a USAG tumble and trampoline place. Does anybody have any experience with T&T? Will it help at all in all around? My DD's weak spot is floor. She is pretty strong on bars, beam, vault. so could it work? I just don't want to have anyplace teach her bad habits that will cause injury.

I will cross post to T&T as well

My younger daughter does t&t and my older daughter (as well as a bunch of other artistic gymnasts) have worked out at the t&t gym. It certainly didn't hurt their tumbling- the coaches definitely do pay attention to form- but I wouldn't say it really helped either. The floor is different and there is basically no front tumbling taught in t&t at all. It's all back, and most bhs series with whips and tucks at the end. It probably better than no training at all, and could be helpful with getting more comfortable with multiple bhs... Just make sure it's a quality gym.

Yeah. L4 tumbling is robhs. L5 is four robhs.. At L6 they start learning whips and tucks. My DD is a L4 tumbler but she can do very nice BTs and BSs (they call layouts straights). They do FTs, pikes,and straights on double mini and trampoline, but not on tumbling.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back