Women's Team Final

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wandrewsjr

Coach
Proud Parent
Anyone else nervous after that first rotation?! Maggie's vault not her best, US lost about 3 tenths from qualifying, Russia up about 3 tenths.

what is up with the chines coach at bars? He looks like he's doing more coaching than spotting...is that even allowed?

Anyone else hearing the announcer (from the usag website broadcast) calling the vault an anamar??? She said it a few times, lol.
Yep, heard it too. She seems to not know much about gymnastics except she has memorized a few skills on each event and then recites them when she recognizes them, getting some of them wrong, some correct.

I liked Great Britain and Canada.....really wish they'd have aired more of the Netherlands floor, the one that I saw was so fun to watch. Like watching an acting performance, very entertaining

What an awesome experience being at the Team Final tonight! We just got to Glasgow this morning and I feel like it has been at least 3 days since I left the U.S. And it definitely feels like 3 days since I have slept! We had quite a large group from the U.S. in our section cheering on our amazing girls. At one point I recognized Marta's voice from behind me and discovered that Marta & Bella were sitting a few rows directly behind us in the box seats. I saw a lot of really nice gymnastics tonight from so many gymnasts that I have never had the opportunity to see compete live before. It was such a great experience! We are looking forward to going to the AA finals on Thursday .. and to meeting up with the CB group on the 30th. It is the 30th, right? One message it has the 31st but I believe it was changed to the 30th.

What an awesome experience being at the Team Final tonight! We just got to Glasgow this morning and I feel like it has been at least 3 days since I left the U.S. And it definitely feels like 3 days since I have slept! We had quite a large group from the U.S. in our section cheering on our amazing girls. At one point I recognized Marta's voice from behind me and discovered that Marta & Bella were sitting a few rows directly behind us in the box seats. I saw a lot of really nice gymnastics tonight from so many gymnasts that I have never had the opportunity to see compete live before. It was such a great experience! We are looking forward to going to the AA finals on Thursday .. and to meeting up with the CB group on the 30th. It is the 30th, right? One message it has the 31st but I believe it was changed to the 30th.

Saturday after event finals at 5:15ish on the 31st. I got the dates confused. Hope this works out.

The bar is HUGE. Will be on the left side of the actual bar. Like leaning on it. 7 women. You will find us.

I've just caught up on BBC Iplayer. What a fantastic result for team GB.
I am sad to say that I was thoroughly underwhelmed by Russia on floor (perhaps with the exception of Seda)

The USA are actually beasts and never cease to amaze me!

Did anyone see Vika Komova's tweet? Poor sportsmanship to say the least!

I've just caught up on BBC Iplayer. What a fantastic result for team GB.
I am sad to say that I was thoroughly underwhelmed by Russia on floor (perhaps with the exception of Seda)

The USA are actually beasts and never cease to amaze me!

I've only just finished the Iplayer catch up at 2am. Worth it though - although there were some performances that we didn't get to see. I'd seen the result before I started so expected everything perfect so gasped at Ellie's bars. I'm so pleased she was the final vault to nail the medal :)

I'm curious what the tweet was now. I can't see anything now so maybe she had the sense to delete it.

I can't wait for the men tomorrow now...

This is why I can never get behind Komova as a gymnast as pretty as she can be... There is always someone to blame, she sees herself as a victim every time and never seems to take responsibility for her mistakes - such as falling off bars and beam and the number of falls Russia counted. She is also that gymnast that drives coaches nuts, trains poorly then trys to pull it out in comp.

What was her tweet? I'm curious now.

Along the lines of the Americas are on steroids and the judges gave favoritism to the Chinese and a hometown bias to the Brits.

Yes - pretty much what pineapple lump says. It was t actually a tweet - sorry it was a post on a website called vk.com.
Obviously we can't be 100% sure it is her, but Valentina also did an interview along the same lines, stating that Britain wern't that
Much better than Russia and didn't deserve the bronze after having 4 falls (excuse me?) and the Russian team, apart from Komova, were all inexperienced first year seniors! (I'm sorry what?!) the crowd, judges and luck were on the side of the hosts.

If that's the way the coach behaves how will the gymnasts know any different?

I was so excited that Canadian website was live streaming it.... and they showed one Canadian bar routine. :(

On the other hand i actually loved the British commentator. So positive in her narrative. Refreshing change from those US people (no offence towards Americans in general I just really dislike your gymnastics commentators).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back