WAG Wondering about Men's Team (former or current) about Nassar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

oplei

Proud Parent
I haven't seen reactions in the media about either former or current Men's team members about what has happened to their teammates and (most likely) friends. Has there been a cry for organizational change from them as well?

Nassar's victims were girls but boys are just as vulnerable to skilled predators and deserve to feel safe in their sport.

I have seen things on some Instagram accounts/twitter accounts from the men.

Reactions: sce
Nassar had at least one male victim--Kami Moore testified he abused her brother. I don't know if he saw many male athletes in practice though. Some MAG athletes have expressed support--Danell Leyva, John Orozco, and Stacey Ervin come to mind. And of course, we never know how people who actually know each other interact offline and how the support that is being communicated directly.

We have no idea what they are doing. Just because it isn't public does not mean that they are not supporting the victims. They may be sending private messages etc. And that is fine.

I agree. They don't have to come out with a press conference. At this point it isn't about them (unless they also were abused). The statements that some of the guys have made via social media is IMO more than enough. I'm sure that behind the scenes there is communication happening too.

I agree. They don't have to come out with a press conference. At this point it isn't about them (unless they also were abused). The statements that some of the guys have made via social media is IMO more than enough. I'm sure that behind the scenes there is communication happening too.
Isn't about them?? They are the other half of USAG. . i am both disappointed (to say the least ) with the woman's side , but the men's side should say something....

Isn't about them?? They are the other half of USAG. . i am both disappointed (to say the least ) with the woman's side , but the men's side should say something....

ANd many of them have . If they prefer to support quietly and privately, we should allow that. The men's program is probably hanging on by a thread at this point as with the loss of sponsors, they are set to loose how they live. Most of them are adults so it is a different situation. I support how anyone wants to show their support in their way, privately or publically. We need to stop calling people out for not doing what we think they should do. People will all handle this in their own way.

ANd many of them have . If they prefer to support quietly and privately, we should allow that. The men's program is probably hanging on by a thread at this point as with the loss of sponsors, they are set to loose how they live. Most of them are adults so it is a different situation. I support how anyone wants to show their support in their way, privately or publically. We need to stop calling people out for not doing what we think they should do. People will all handle this in their own way.
I am speaking of USAG , not the athletes (who have come out in support).

The men's (grassroots) side of USAG is fully committed to change! There are some strong voices already working to plot a path forward. As for the current office staff and statements, all statements will come through the communication dept (Leslie King) I wouldn't expect any statements from the disciplines themselves.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back