Coaches Woohoo!!!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Staff meeting tonight, nobody was terribly excited what with the weather being freezing though lol! So we all sat down and started....found out the gym is sending us ALL to National Congress in Dallas! YES!!!!!

I will for sure report back all that I see! I did it with the Preschool hands on course, so for sure I'll be all over this for anyone who can't go! Just got a new digital camera that I'll know how to use by then I'm sure hah!

I was practically tap dancing while scraping ice off my windshield for the drive home. I was looking into going myself but dang it's expensive! Gyms must get a group discount or something. Never been to National Congress, but I've been to Regional plenty. The trade part of it will be new and different. If they sell as well as show I'll have to bring $$ for DD and a new leo to commemorate the experience somehow lol.

I'm so jealous. I got to go to national congress in Boston in 2000. It was AWESOME. I learned so much. The poopy part was when I got back and wanted to implement the ideas, the HC/Owner said no way. Why bother sending us and paying for it, if I can't try the drills that I learned. Been to a number of regional and state congresses, but nothing has ever compared to the national one. I had the chance to go to philly last year, but decided not to go. I'm hoping the next gym I work at will give me a chance to go again.

I'm so jealous. I got to go to national congress in Boston in 2000. It was AWESOME. I learned so much. The poopy part was when I got back and wanted to implement the ideas, the HC/Owner said no way. Why bother sending us and paying for it, if I can't try the drills that I learned.

THAT is one of the BIGGEST frustrating ironies ever as a coach. I agree, if we can't do it why bother? It's great when a gym pays for it and all, but if everything of practical value is stripped away we may as well have spent however many hours the class was somewhere else. I've brought it up before, if it's so important to know you paid for it, yet we can't use it....what was the point again? When said out loud the dumbness of it all typically illicits silence as an answer is grasped for but not found.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back