Working a Maloney (video)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks - this is a skill she has always wanted to work on. She did a few drills on a floor bar in her previous gym but her coach said she was too small to do it. Her new coach is outstanding on bars and thought it was workable and started working on it last Saturday. Her new coach is working semi privates with her on Saturdays and this is one of the new skills he picked Yah for her.
Can't wait for more... I personally love this skill..

I agree! She'll have it in no time! Nice job to her :)

That looks great for only the second day.

This popped up on my Facebook news feed, one of my friends commented or liked it. The gymnastics world is definitely a small world.

I am not Canadian at all, but I saw this post on the sidebar, and I had to comment because your daughter is so talented! The Shaposhnikova is certainly not an easy skill by any means, and the Maloney (toe circle hecht to high rail) is even more amazing! One of my favorite bar transitions. You should be very proud of you amazing daughter. :)

Small world for sure. Her coach posted it on his Facebook and he has a million gym friends so that is likely how you saw it.

This popped up on my Facebook news feed, one of my friends commented or liked it. The gymnastics world is definitely a small world.

Thank you so much.

I am not Canadian at all, but I saw this post on the sidebar, and I had to comment because your daughter is so talented! The Shaposhnikova is certainly not an easy skill by any means, and the Maloney (toe circle hecht to high rail) is even more amazing! One of my favorite bar transitions. You should be very proud of you amazing daughter. :)

Thanks honey. So funny to say that.

Our commuting partner retired from gymnastics this summer and it was impossible for us to get Alex to her old gym.

Big change for Alex but so far it's been good. Toughest part has been - old gym had 5 national girls new gym only has her. She has no one to bounce things off or understand how she feels.
Her coach is very good and lives for gymnastics. Nap it's a good fit.

So good! When did Alex move gyms?

May not be any national level girls yet but I was very impressed with some of their younger provincial level athletes, particularly on bars. I think she'll do fine there. Plus there are some benefits to being the only big fish.

Yes her coach is extremely good on bars. He just won coach of the year and the club won club of the year.
He had a lot of champions last year that will be moving up his year. He has lots of level 8 and 9s this year.
So in the end it worked out because he was at a club that I could get her too.

May not be any national level girls yet but I was very impressed with some of their younger provincial level athletes, particularly on bars. I think she'll do fine there. Plus there are some benefits to being the only big fish.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back