WOrking BWO BHS and double fulls (video)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

B Gymnast

Here's a video of me at open gym working my bwo bhs on beam and my double fulls into the resi. My mom only got like 3 videos of my bwo bhs and she missed all the good ones :( And my double fulls need a lot of work. I don't set up at all! Any constructive critism is appreciated :)
[YOUTUBE]YiIElcc6fxg[/YOUTUBE]

You're wrapping your arms really early in the double - try setting with them a little wider and see if that stalls you out and makes it easier to spot the landing. The takeoff doesn't look too bad besides that from that angle - you look fairly straight on the takeoff, just pulling in really early.

that is good info gymdog. I agree you need to set more before you twist which will help you not rotate to your back. YOur bwo bhs looked really good :) you have nice straight legs, not tomuch bend in the arms. right now it just looks like you need to work on starightning it our.

you are violently throwing your head over your left shoulder ahead of the arm wrap. this is why gymdog is telling you to widen your arms.

i see that the coach put in an 8 incher. as you can see this helped you to find the floor. this causes you to punch 'forward' a little more than throwing your head back and over your shoulder. try putting in yet another 8 incher. this should bring you under control so that you don't throw your head so violently.

what you are doing is common. you're trying to hard.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back