WAG World Gymnastics Championships Montreal 2017

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I went to see if I could get a full-week ticket, but it seems like there aren't gold level seats available for that? It's only showing silver and bronze. Am I missing something here?

So I went to see if I could get a full-week ticket, but it seems like there aren't gold level seats available for that? It's only showing silver and bronze. Am I missing something here?

No that is what we found too, had to buy individual event tickets.

There is no schedule yet right? How do you know which days/sessions of qualifications to buy (assuming you don't want to sit there for the entire week LOL). My kids mostly want to see the Canadian teams and Kohei assuming he will be there. Any other countries/teams would be a bonus but neither has the attention span for sitting there through days of competition, no matter how awesome the athletes are.

Here is the schedule

There is no schedule yet right? How do you know which days/sessions of qualifications to buy (assuming you don't want to sit there for the entire week LOL). My kids mostly want to see the Canadian teams and Kohei assuming he will be there. Any other countries/teams would be a bonus but neither has the attention span for sitting there through days of competition, no matter how awesome the athletes are.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 6.23.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 6.23.55 PM.png
    73 KB · Views: 55
Thanks kitkat but we don't know yet the subdivisions...not sure if I want to spend the entire week in Montreal (kids missing training) or just show up for the finals....decisions, decisions!

ETA: maybe I'll get tickets for the whole week as it looks like tickets are valid for an entire day, not just for a subdivision like they were for the Pan Ams. They are quite cheap for the qualifications anyway, compared to the cost of Pan Am tickets :eek:

That I am not sure.... we booked all arounds and event finals.... we are doing Friday, Saturday, Sunday :) Our coached booked same time....so we will not be missing any training. Team bonding :)

Thanks kitkat but we don't know yet the subdivisions...not sure if I want to spend the entire week in Montreal (kids missing training) or just show up for the finals....decisions, decisions!

That I am not sure.... we booked all arounds and event finals.... we are doing Friday, Saturday, Sunday :) Our coached booked same time....so we will not be missing any training. Team bonding :)
I think our coaches might be going too...and it's a long weekend :D I might book finals only too...for now!

After having a blast at last year's P&G -- I also just bought tickets (just Friday-Saturday-Sunday)!

@bogwoppit -- Is it best to stay downtown or is the Old Montreal area a good choice too (close to metro, safe, fun, etc.)? Thanks!

After having a blast at last year's P&G -- I also just bought tickets (just Friday-Saturday-Sunday)!

@bogwoppit -- Is it best to stay downtown or is the Old Montreal area a good choice too (close to metro, safe, fun, etc.)? Thanks!

Either of those areas is great, you will want to see both areas anyway. Do look to stay walking distance to a metro station as that is the best way to get to the venue. Google maps is great at judging distances.

Avoid the area around St Denis, and Metro Berri, it is a bit of a rougher neighbourhood. Though Montreal is by far safer than most US cities.

Cheap hotels downtown or close to the Areana?

Only one hotel by the venue, and it is not very good. Use the metro system (our underground) it is safe and clean. Lots of great hotels downtown. Even the Youth Hostel is a very good option in the city.

I am so, so tempted to buy tickets. Just not quite ready to make the commitment when I know we have another big trip the very next week. I also don't know what I should go for- the qualifiers so I know I can see all the Canadians, or the all around finals. I am thinking one day will be enough?

Soo tempted to book, as I have family in Montreal. Should I continue grad school, I'm supposed to student teach that semester, though, and I shouldn't miss any weekdays. Decisions, decisions!

Soo tempted to book, as I have family in Montreal. Should I continue grad school, I'm supposed to student teach that semester, though, and I shouldn't miss any weekdays. Decisions, decisions!
I normally would be teaching too, but I have a sabbatical that term. Decisions, decisions, indeed!

I bought tickets as well, just before Christmas. Looking so forward to it. So much to see and do. Looks like there will be a group of 12 of us or so from dd's gym going.
If anyone has any restaurant recommendations for us, please share. Nothing "fine dining" though, we need to be able to afford to feed these hungry beasts. :rolleyes:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back