Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Worlds Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

sce

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Mar 11, 2014
Country
USA
I agree, she does 4 tumbling passes that are superior to most gymmies first passes. Plus that personality.
And she comes out of each of those tumbling passes with room to spare, beautiful.

profmom

Proud Parent
Nov 18, 2011
Region 7
Country
USA
Before we get all riled up again, here's Shang Chunsong in 2011. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfb9gqvnMNw

-- Signed, the owner and operator of a child who looks one heck of a lot younger than she really is

I think that in 20 years, I'll still be talking about having seen Simone at nationals in 2014. I agree -- she takes the sport to an entirely different level. But Kyla also wins my heart for toughing it out for the team.

Seeker

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Aug 30, 2012
USA
Country
USA
I know...it's crazy how high she gets and how much space and energy she has to spare at the end of a pass. Rather mind-boggling.

Terry

Former Gymnast
Sep 20, 2013
Country
USA
I know...it's crazy how high she gets and how much space and energy she has to spare at the end of a pass. Rather mind-boggling.
she just saunters into and out of these mind boggling passes.

profmom

Proud Parent
Nov 18, 2011
Region 7
Country
USA
The power is amazing, but the passes are also just so beautiful. That double layout with the half just takes my breath away, not only because it's so powerful but because it just floats up there.

But I do have to say -- everyone should drop everything they are doing and go find Kohei Uchimura's floor routine from the AA competition. He stuck every single pass.

I feel so privileged to have become a gym fan at a time when both of these exceptional athletes are competing.

Azgymmiemom

Proud Parent
Mar 12, 2010
Arizona
Country
USA
I had to search for Kohei's routines. He is amazing!! I'm still picking my jaw off the floor. I thought the girls were amazing, too. I hope they stay healthy for two more years. 2016 Olympics is going to be ridiculous!!

skschlag

Proud Parent
Jul 19, 2011
Region 9
Country
USA
I just watched Simone from qualifying. she does not do a front tumbling pass. I found that rather interesting. The ones she does do are amazing.

Terry

Former Gymnast
Sep 20, 2013
Country
USA
WAG AA final starts in one and one half hours. Hang on . . . . .

Terry

Former Gymnast
Sep 20, 2013
Country
USA
Simone just won her 2d consecutive world champ title

Larissa iordache took silver and Kyla ross took bronze. I love those 2 girls also, but omg, Simone.

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Coach
Proud Relative
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Former Gymnast
Judge
Club Owner
Fan
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
Pink podium rules.

Musty blew it, very sad

Ross placed because she is calm, clean and consistent.

Biles KILLED it.

Very pleased for the GB girls with 10th and 11th spots. GB have come so far.

Terry

Former Gymnast
Sep 20, 2013
Country
USA
and Kyla was competing injured. She pushed through. Love that girl.

purpleleomom

Proud Parent
Nov 10, 2013
Country
USA
Can't wait to watch it. The whole competition has been a joy. Loved the men's, especially Jake Dalton ' s power fists!!

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Coach
Proud Relative
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Former Gymnast
Judge
Club Owner
Fan
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
Way to go to Ellie Black in 9th! Highest ever for a Canadian in the All Around!

PLus that was with a vault fumble, if the vault was at her usual standard she would have been a lot further up the AA.

Reactions: gymmomtoo

wandrewsjr

Verified Coach
Verified Coach
Proud Parent
Sep 4, 2009
Country
USA
Amazing performances this year from so many experienced veterans. Venessa Ferrari is still the 6th best AA gymnast in the world EIGHT YEARS after winning her AA title! Amazing! And how about Jessica Lopez continuing to upgrade, hitting her peak(8th AA) at 28 years old? The top 6 AA exactly the same 6 gymnasts as last year, hope they all are able to continue at this level at least another 2 years!

Geoffrey Taucer

Former Admin
Verified Coach
Coach
Proud Relative
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Former Gymnast
Judge
Club Owner
Fan
Jan 21, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Country
USA
On the women's side, it's the era of Simone.

On the men's, it's the era of Kohei.

This is not a typical time in our sport -- these are two of the best gymnasts who have ever lived, and they happen to be competing at the same time.

Exciting, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.